To organize rules based on different attributes, we would first need to create Custom Attributes.
Follow the below steps to create Custom Attributes.
1. Choose Rules tab in Workspace
2. Click on Manage > Custom Attributes.
3. Click on ‘Add’ to add Custom Attribute.
4. To change the name click on the cell and type Ca.Country and provide the appropriate Lable and Description.
5. Change the data type if required.
6. Click on the cell of ‘Valid Values’ column to provide the appropriate value to attribute. Click on ‘Add’ to add values and ‘Ok’ to associate the values to attribute.
7. Click on ‘Apply to’ column’s cell for CA.Country to map the custom attribute with different components of Information Steward and the click on ‘OK’.
8. Select the different IS components where this custom attribute can be used.
9. Click on ‘Save and Close’ button to use the custom attribute for different components.
10. In Rules window, select the rule and click on ‘Edit’ to modify the rule.
11. Expand the Custom Attribute box.
12. Assign appropriate custom attribute value to the selected rule.
13. Collapse the Custom Attribute box and click on ‘Save and Close’.
Organizing the Rules
14. Select the rule in Rule workspace.
15. Click Modify rules group and custom attributes display button.
16. Select the Custom Attribute from left pane and add it either to ‘Group By’ or ‘Show Custom attributes’ block
17. Rules get sorted hierarchy according to Quality Dimension and then ‘Country’ custom attribute.
18. In hierarchy, there we can have many custom attributes.