Use the below steps to creating and using views.
Creating Views using multiple tables
1. Select the tables.
2. Click on Manager Views > Create View.
Output Schema columns for View
1. Select the columns from the multiple tables and insert it in Output Schema tab by clicking on ‘Add Columns’ Button.
2. Change the Data Type of the column by clicking on Data Type value of corresponding column.
3. It is the new feature available in IS 4.1.
Insert Join Conditions
1. Click on Join Conditions tab.
2. Click on ‘Add’ to add conditions.
3. To add joins automatically based on Column names click on propose joins.
4. You can also add the Left Outer Join by selecting Join Type combo box.
5. Left Outer Join feature is provided from v4.1
Inserting Filter Condition
1. Select the column and add it to the Filter Conditions tab by clicking on ‘Add Column’ button.
2. Select the required operator from Operator column.
3. Write the appropriate value.
4. Click on ‘Validate’ to check the correctness of the condition.
5. To write complex condition select the ‘Advanced Editor’ button.
Group By tab
1. Enables you to specify how the output records are grouped.
2. Only selected columns for Output Schema can be selected.
3. Group by columns can be added either by selecting and clicking on ‘Add Column’ or by clicking on ‘Propose Columns’ option available on Group By tab.
4. Click on ‘Validate’ to verify the correctness of the columns.
Please note that, in Group By tab it should have all the selected column of Output Schema or it should be blank. Otherwise, it will throw an error.
Adding Aggregate Function
1. Open Advance Expression Editor
2. Write the expression
3. Change the data type to Integer
Testing the View
1. In Workspace Home select the View
3. Select the column and click on View Data
4. Output window will appear showing the result based on selected condition