Auto Documentation of DS Job using Metadata Management
One of the very good feature provided by SAP in Information Steward is Auto Documentation.
To use this feature follow below steps.
1. From the Metadata Management tab, double-click on the Data Integration Connection that contains the table for which you want to view the Auto Documentation.
2. Click the relevant table in Table section.
3. Click the column for which you want to view the Auto Documentation and select View Lineage/View Impact from the drop-down menu.
4. Display how the source data is mapped to the target in either of the following ways:
- In the Graphical view, move the pointer over the Relationship Attribute icon ( ).
- In the Tabular view, in the Mapping column, locate the data flow.
5. Click the hyperlinked data flow name to connect to the Auto Documentation report for this table. You connect in one of the following ways:
- If single sign-on is enabled, you connect directly to the Auto Documentation report.
- If single sign-on is not enabled, the log on screen to the Data Services Management Console will be displayed.
The Auto Documentation report is displayed in a separate window. Log on using your user name and password for the Data Services Management Console.
6. 3 Tabs would be available for Data Flow, Mapping Tree and Table Usage as follows.
1. Data Flow
2. Mapping Tree
3. Table Usage
You can take the print of the document by clicking on ‘Print’ button available next to the DS Job name.
Report will look like as attached pdf.