SAP Net Weaver Administrator is the new central administration and monitoring tool for your SAP NetWeaver system landscape. This caters a single entry point to configure, administrator, and monitor your SAP NetWeaver system, its components, and the applications executing, checking and modifying configuration settings, analyzing logs and traces on top of it. To play around with the options in NWA user need to be assigned different roles.
- My Workspace
- Availability and Performance
1. My Workspace – This will cater a menu for all the tools (applications) that are frequently used by the administrator. In “Manage Favorites” user selects the listed application, this will flash on the R.H.S , press “OK”.
We can view the application, as shown in the image below:
2. Availability and performance – This include the Sub processes:
- System Overview
- Resource planning
- Process Monitoring
- BPM System Overview
System Overview – This will give a high level view about Hardware, utilization and the processes being executed. This includes the no. of Sessions, ICM request, Memory Consumption/ utilization, Threads, DB connections , CPU & Hard-disk usage .
Resource Monitoring – means Technical Monitoring of SAP, Operating System and Database level availability of resources. In SAP, these are termed as SAP Buffers (table buffer, heap buffer, role area etc.) and availability of work processes. In OS level, these means CPU utilizations and Physical memory availability. In Database terms, this means Database buffers, database level processes utilizations.
This is further subdivided into –
JCO Monitoring– This provide views for:
- Admin right for Java Connector (JCo)for:
- Connection monitoring ,
- Displaying and deleting cached metadata
- Dealing with setting various trace levels to support problem analysis.
The relevant connection attributes are displayed in the lower part of the window under “Connection Details”
Meta Data Cache– This window displays and clears the entire metadata cache for one or more servers.
Traces – Here we can punch in the path where the trace files needs to be dumped. We can modify:
- RFC Trace (On/Off),
- JCo Trace Level (0– 10),
- CPIC Trace Level (0–3).
System Performance Statistic –
The Business Transactions Analysis (transaction STAD) similar in ABAP, provides important performance metrics like response time, CPU, memory consumption, and so on.
It is a request performance tool that allows you to measure and analyze the performance of Application Sever (Java) activities. We can check the for incoming calls and outgoing calls using a Drop Down menu –
- Incoming and outgoing calls related to Component Type Sys ID , Destination HTTP, HTTPS, RFC, SYSTEM calls the application name, correlation ID, time of call, CPU time, DB time, allocated memory
- If required, the report can downloaded as an Excel spread sheet.
History reports – The administrator can view and configure charts or tables that display capacity planning, resource consumption, and error statistic eg – Java Heap Memory Dump ,Thread pool usage rate etc.
Locks – This is plug-in to monitor and manage all locks created on a monitored Java system. Here we can:
- Create lock,
- Remove lock and
- Remove the selected lock belonging to particular owner
Click on locks link – We can see the System lock with Details like Lock Name, Argument Mode, count, Name &Name space Description associated with user name .
Session Management –
The session management system, represented by Session manager is responsible for enhanced control of session’s lifecycle and mechanisms for session failover in case of a server failure.
Every Java instance has a common shared memory area where server processes and all the ICM monitoring information’s are stored (sessions, processes, EJBs and so on), which can be used for detailed analysis of the current internal status.
Using Session Management, you can monitor and administer all open user sessions in AS Java. All sessions are aggregated. You can perform the following activities:
- Start tracing particular sessions
- Terminate cluster/user sessions
- Monitor who is working on the system and what applications they are using
- Activate filters and then view the result in other related tools.
SAP Net weaver Administrator > Availability and performance > Process Monitoring
This provides us with an overview of message processing and the component’s involved in it (Sender, Receiver). This also helps in analyzing the error occurred in message processing. This is similar to Monitoring option as embedded in Configuration and Monitoring Home .
BPM SYSTEM OVERVIEW –
This will give a top level view for the all the BPM processes executing as well as other process & Task that are directly or indirectly associated with it. One can also Start and Stop the Java Application.