Many a times we have requirement to show data from multiple objects in to the Y-axis of the cross table. The main issue we face while using cross table is that if we add one column, it repeats every time and does not meet our requirement.
Suppose my requirement is to show data for different Customers from previous year and YTD data. Of course previous years will come from Previous Year dimension object and YTD months from another object.
To achieve this we need to use Combined Query feature. Follow the below steps to achieve the above mentioned functionality.
1. Use the required dimension objects and measures as follows :
2. Click on Combined Query option to add another query to same data provider.
3. Once you will click on combined query it will add another query by keeping same objects of Result Objects box.
4. Replace the Year object with the required objects. I am using here Month object to show functionality.
5. Take the Cross Table in the report and place the objects in the corresponding cell as below.
6. Check the data of Y-axis and its order.
7. Manage the sort by right clicking on the Y-axis and selecting options as below.
8. Check the final output.
Let me know if you face any issue implementing the same.