Recently in our landscape we had to set up several PI systems for different testing/quality purpose. Activating large number of channels manually is time consuming activity, Hence we created this tool to so that we can update the communication channels easily and quickly. This tool is easy to use and it uses simple excel sheet to get the communication channel details. It connects to PI system and calls the change list and communication channel services to retrieve and update channel details.
To use this tool following prerequisites have to be met
1) JDK 1.6 or later should be installed on your system.
2) The PI user should have two roles SAP_XI_API_DEVELOP_J2EE and SAP_XI_API_DISPLAY_J2EE assigned.
3) MS office excel 2007(xlsx only) or above is required.
Download the zip file from below link and extract it.
How to use:
This tool should be used in three steps
1) GetChannels: In first step, we create an excelsheet lets say Channels.xlsx and place it in the same folder as the tool. The first sheet of the excelsheet has 5 details to be provided Target PI host,Target PI port, Changelistkey, Source PI host and Source PI Port.
TargetPIHost: Host of the PI system which has the change list
TargetPIPort: Port of the PI system which has the change list
ChangeLisyKey: Change List key
SourcePIHost: Host of the PI system from which details of the channels have to be fetched
SourcePIPort: Port of the PI system from which details of the channels have to be fetched
Here source system will be your development system and target system will be your quality system to which the objects are transported from development.
Now open a command prompt, navigate to the folder where this tool is extracted and run GetChannels.bat file from the tool. Pass the name of the excelsheet to it. It asks for user and password to connect to PI system.
GetChannels.bat will retrieve the party,component and channel names in the change list from target system and write them in first sheet of the excelsheet. After successful execution of GetChannels.bat, excelsheet will look as shown below.
2) GetDetails:Now open the excelsheet and update the business system details for Source PI System in first sheet. You can get this information in SLD business system transport path. If the component is business component then you may simply copy it from Target PI System. Save and close the excelsheet.
Now run GetDetails.bat file in command prompt and pass the excelsheet name as parameter to it.
It will connect to source PI system and retrieve adapter-specific-attributes of all the channels in first sheet of excel and write them into second sheet of same excelsheet. Name of this sheet will be Channels. After successful execution of GetDetails.bat, the excelsheet will look as shown below.
Only green colored cells value should be edited and rest should not be changed. These cells have cell comment which should not be changed because they are adapter-specific-attribute key. Update the details of non transportable attributes like folders,FTP host etc in the sheet. Red colored cell indicates that these are password values which must be filled manually, if required. It is easy to edit if similar channels are grouped by applying filter on adapter type, direction, transport protocol and message protocol. Save and close the excelsheet. You may want to save a copy of this excelsheet as backup at this point.
3) Update: Now run Update.dat file in command prompt and pass the excelsheet name as parameter to it. It will update the channels in target PI system changelist with the values of the excelsheet.
After successful execution of Update.bat, the changelist can be activated easily at once.
1) The change list has atleast one channel in it.
2) The change list is assumed to be under same user as used in this tool. If not, first transfer the change list under that user and then use this tool.
3) The channels in the change list of target PI system are available in source PI system and not opened in edit mode in source system.
4) The business system/service of the channels in changelist are activated in target system or they are in the same change list or different change list under the same user used in the tool.
5) Only adapter-specific-attributes of the channels needs to be updated.
If you face any issue in using this tool, leave a comment below.