Calling a Search component created via the Rapid applicaitons from other components
As many of you know from the Enhancment Pack1 we started using rapid application extensively,So that all the components are created automatically but with some modifications.
Here i would like to explain some explicit programming to be done ,when calling the Rapid application from other component for example you want to call a searchcomponent (created via rapid application ) from another component as POP UP.
Point 1 ( These steps are common as you call the other components as POPUP).
- Creating the POP Up instance.
gr_popup = ( me->comp_controller->window_manager->create_popup(
iv_interface_view_name = ‘Window name of your rapid ‘
iv_usage_name = ‘Usage name’
iv_title = ‘Enjoy’
- Registering a close event
gr_popup->set_on_close_event( iv_view = me iv_event_name = ‘event Name‘).
- Calling an open method of POP up instance.
gr_popup->open( ‘Inbound plug of window of your rapid application’ ).
Point 2 ( These are explicit modification you have do ).
- If you can see the html of the result view you can see that the global variable GV_OPTION_FRONTEND_SELECTION is set to ABAP_TRUE, it needs to be set to ABAP_FALSE for the select even to be fired.
- Ideal place to make this is the DO_INIT_CONTEXT of the result view, redefine and make it false as below.
- After this you can see that the select event is fired.
- Ideally it would be meaning full if we have a selection mode.
- Here in the select event you can get the selected row and close the pop up.
Point 3 : From here it is again the same ,go the event handler you have registerd in the first point,
-> Read the context node
-> Get Current.
-> You can use this values for your purpose.
Hope it is usefull!!!.