20 Tips for B2B Social Media Marketing
After reading 50% of my book 42 Rules for B2B Social Media Marketing, he already felt compelled to share a list of what he considers the highlights so far. He has promised to write a second blog once he finishes reading the full Kindle eBook. Thanks so much JC!
“I made a compilation of the 20 highlights from “42 Rules for B2B Social Media Marketing” that I, personally, found very important to share: Here we go, in no particular order:
- Organizations have discovered that their customers know how to support each other better than their best service reps…
- We are active in Social Media as Marketers, Educators and Speakers…
- When we had our first meeting about writing this book, the first question we asked ourselves was , “Who is our audience?”After some debate, we concluded that primary person is a Product Marketing Professional, Campaign Marketing Professional, Product Manager or other Marketing Professional who is familiar with traditional marketing and now is being asked to include Social Media Marketing into their mix…
- Smart Companies spend their time listening to the conversations customers are having with each other. This is what Social Media is really about.
- Marketers are more likely to agree than disagree that “content marketing is more important than advertising…
- Plan your strategy P.O.S.T = People, objective, Strategy, Tactics/Tools.
- The challenge is to align your Social Media content with your corporate tone while speaking in your own voice.
- Blogging is a great way to start a dialogue with your customers, prospects, partners and fellow employees.
- You can curate content on almost any Social platform, blogs, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, etc.
- Collaborate Using Wikis. On a wiki, any contributor can make a change to the content or format.
- When People go on your Twitter profile and click the “favorites” link they will see all the complimentary tweets about your product or services that you selected.
- If you have compelling content, put it on your blog.
- As with all marketing activities, content is king.
- Like in the real world, it requires ongoing engagement to build trust and respect.
- When People think of Social Media, Facebook is often the first thing that comes to mind. For B2B marketing, with it’s multiple decision makers, there may be better channels to invest your resources.
- Blog at least once a week.
- Remember there are always folks who know less than You do, so tweet to share your knowledge. One to five tweets per day will keep people watching your account.
- Competitors can read everything about your customers and how well your products and solutions do in the market place
- The Social behavior of mobile users creates a huge opportunity for brands and marketers to engage and capture readers, fans, followers, and leads.
- The Goal is not to drive people to YouTube; it is to find people on YouTube and drive them to your website.
I hope you find these tips as usual as they were for me. I promise to write a second post once I finish reading the book. Enjoy! JC Giraldo”
You might also be interested in: