Blog It Forward – Vladimir Erakovic
Here is the link to blog from which it all began.
My name is Vladimir (like Russian president 😉 ) Erakovic. I am from Serbia, or officially the Republic of Serbia, a country located at the crossroads of Central and Southeast Europe, in Balkans. I live in Novi Sad, the second largest city in Serbia. For almost a year, I work at MK IT Business Solutions as ABAP Consultant.
The four musketeers 🙂 Relaxed college afternoon on Petrovaradinska fortress. I’m the first from left.
Fun facts about my county (interesting also):
- The only Serbian word that is accepted and used across the world is “vampire”.
- Most Serbian last names end with the letters “ic”.
- Serbia is the largest raspberry exporter, accounting for one third of all the raspberries in the world. Close to 95 percent of the world’s top quality raspberries come from Serbia.
- Einstein’s wife was also a scientist and a Serb.
- Belgrade, the capital of Serbia, is one of the oldest cities in Europe, first settled in the 3rd century BC by the Celts, before becoming the Roman settlement of Singidunum.
- The Cathedral of Saint Sava or Hram svetog Save in Belgrade is the largest Orthodox Church currently in use.
- It’s easy to order the wrong drink in Belgrade because they don’t seem to resemble the English version at all. Before you arrive in the capital, note that a Pivo is not something that a beer finishes up as, but something it starts as. A Sok is not something you wear on your feet but a fruit juice. A Nes is not a Scottish monster but rather a cup of coffee and a Voda is not…repeat not…a shot of something alcoholic but a simply water. 😀
- What is Silicon Valley? Well it’s certainly nothing like the one in the west coast of the United States. This one has nothing to do with electronics and computers but does have something to do with money and technology. It’s a term that locals have taken to calling the area of pubs, bars, cafes, restaurants and nightclubs where the girls are famous for their breast implants and the men are famous for swarming around with them flashing their wallets and cars. 😆
Here are some cool pictures of my home town, Novi Sad:
View from the Petrovaradinska fortress at night
View on main city square from the City Hall during some concert
What makes you smile/laugh?
The first sunny day in spring after a cold winter, the first morning coffee, and the second one also 🙂 , my friends, my family, a job well done, correct answer on SCN and a girl named Maja.
Had you not been into software at all, where would you have been?
That’s the tough one. As a kid I wanted to be an archaeologist and little later astronomer or theoretical physicist. Before I entered Faculty of Sciences I thought of Psychology. I’ve got my bachelor from Faculty of Management, Informatics though. So I would probably be in one of these four domains. 😆
What is the craziest thing you would have done in your life?
Haha, I’ve already did a bunch of crazy things, but the craziest thing would be to pack and go to live in America leaving all behind me.
What is your personal life dream?
My personal life dream is to have a private island somewhere in the tropical region, with nice house, marina and yacht, on which I can live and work from for one part of the year.
What is your professional life dream?
My professional life dream is to be recognized as an expert in my field of work. I also wish to found a company that develops mobile applications.
What do you enjoy most in your work and why?
I enjoy the freedom and creativity in development processes and the peace of mind when the program or application start to work and live. One friend once told me: my applications are like my children, I let them out into the world and watch them grow. Nicely said 😀
Blogging It Forward
I’d like to blog it forward to the following people:
And my questions for them are:
If you can choose again, would you choose career in SAP or some other and why?
What do you consider your greatest achievement so far?
Thank you for reading my blog. I hope you enjoyed! 🙂
Some time ago I made browser based game about Festivals of Novi Sad. Take a break and check it out 🙂