CodeTalk: SAPUI5 and SAP Fiori
Yesterday I was honoured to be a guest on Ian Thain ‘s CodeTalk series of video interviews. The subject was SAPUI5 and SAP Fiori, and the published interview is split over two videos on YouTube. Here’s what we covered, based on the questions asked.
In this part, we discuss SAPUI5 and SAP Fiori in general, and talk about the relation between these two things, major features in SAPUI5, including the automatic module loading system, the data model mechanisms, and in particular OData. We also talk about the architecture and startup of a very simple app.
- What is SAPUI5, where is it positioned, and where is it being used right now?
- What does SAPUI5 consist of?
- What does SAPUI5 look like?
- Can you give me an overview of some of the major features of SAPUI5?
- Can you tell me more about OData and SAPUI5?
- What is Fiori?
- What does a basic app look like?
Further questions covered:
- What does a more complete app look like?
- What skills do I need?
- What are the next steps?
If you just want a future reference to the screencast, it’s available separately here too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfOO4szA2Bg
Share and enjoy!