HWC mobile app development for dummies – Part 6
Test application on a device
Installing HWC on my Andriod device
Open Google Play from device launcher. The HWC application runs on all major platforms like Android, IOS, Win Mob and Blackberry. If you don’t have an Android phone you can download the HWC app from your respective app store.
This is the 6th part of this series. Other parts are:
1. Search for sybase hybrid web container. The HWC app appears on the list.
2. Click on the app and install it.
3. Run the HWC app from the device.
4. Set a local App password. This password is to secure the application so that only you can run the app.
5. The connection information can be given in the settings of the screen shown after setting the password. Fill the details to match the user registered in part 5 as given below. The IP address provided is the public IP of my SUP system in the cloud.
Note: In this series we are using 30 day trial version of SUP. The public IP of the 30 day trial system is dynamic hence you need to find the IP through google.
6. Click on the menu item and select Save. To check the logs whether the connection is successful, click on the menu item and select Show Log.
7. The log should show a Connected to Server message.
8. Click on the back button to exit the settings screen. You should reach the main screen now. This screen shows all the messages or notifications from different mobile applications you are assigned with. Ex. If a new Leave Request is created in SAP a notification come to device and sits here with a header message “New leave request created, please approve”.
9. To view the client initiated HWC applications click on the menu button and click on Hybrid Apps. It should bring the Flight List application. If the application is missing wait until the application appears in the list. It will take few minutes to load the application to the device.
10. Finally run the app!!. Click on start button of the screen to navigate to Start screen. Enter an Airline ID to fetch the list of Flights.
11. Click on a Flight to go to the detail screen.
I hope that my blog will help the newbies with developing SAP Mobile App.