HWC mobile app development for dummies – Part 2
Starting SUP Development
This is the 2nd part of this series. Other parts are:
1. Create a new mobile application project by right clicking in a free space under WorkSpace Navigator > New> Mobile Application Project.
2. Give a name for the project “AirlineProject”.
3. It will create a new project in the WorkSpace. Create Flights_List MBO by right clicking on the folder “Mobile Business Objects” as shown below.
4. Give a name for the MBO and click Next.
5. Specify a database from the choice bar. We have connected our SDK with SAP hence it comes in the list. Select SAP and click Next.
6. Click on browse to fetch the BAPIs. Give name of the BAPI and click on “Search BAPIs/RFCs” that will bring the list of BAPIs based on the search. Select BAPI_FLIGHT_GETLIST and click OK.
7. Select “AIRLINE” as input and “FLIGHT_LIST” as output. Click on Next button.
8. Click Next.
9. Click the Next button and click on Finish. It creates the MBO.
10. Create a personalization key and map it to the load parameter of MBO. This key will be used while developing HWC application. “AIRLINE” is the load parameter (ie. RFC input) of the MBO. Right click on the folder “Personalization Keys”> New> Personalization key.
Note: Personalization Keys can be used to set the value of a Load Argument. The Personalization Key needs to be mapped to the Load Argument for this.
11. Give the below details in the Personalization Key window and click on Finish. For HWC apps the PK will not be stored neither in device nor in server, so Transient storage is selected.
12. Map the Personalization Key PK_AirlineID with the Load Argument of MBO.
13. Right click on the project and click on Deploy Project.
14. Click on Next button keeping the default values on the screen. The deploy modes are explained in the wizard.
15. Navigate to screen “Server connection mapping” by clicking Next.
16. Click below Server connection to select/create a new connection.
17. Click on Finish button. It will deploy the MBO package to the Unwired Server. The progress of the deployment can be found in the right bottom of the workspace if the process is happening in the backend, else the process can be seen in a new window.
18. Double click on the SCC icon from desktop and Login to Sybase Control Center to see the package deployed.
Note: Sybase Control Center (SCC) is a Web-based tool for managing and monitoring Sybase Unwired Server. It can accessed via a web browser.
19. Enter the SCC credentials. Username is “supAdmin” and Password is “s3pAdmin”.
20. Navigate to packages under default domain to see the deployed MBO package.
MBO in this project represents a BAPI in SAP. We developed MBO package and deployed it to the Unwired Server. This package will be used by the mobile application to get the data from SAP. In the part 3 we are going to developing HWC application.