EIS FAQ – Introduction – Q: What are the key features of the SAP EIS solution?
This is part of a series of Frequently Asked Questions about the SAP Enterprise Inventory & Service-Level Optimization product. These FAQ’s are organized into the following categories:
A: Key features of SAP Enterprise Inventory and Service-Level Optimization and Analytics are:
- Demand Intelligence to properly characterize and compensate for forecast error and demand-side variability. These characteristics include but are not limited to: Simple forecast error, forecast bias (over / under forecasting along), demand timing and intermittent or irregular demand patterns, multiple forecast lags and supply chain lead-times, input data correction, and others.
- Supply intelligence to protect against several types of supply timing and quantity variability
- Inventory optimization to link multi-echelon inventory targets to service-level goals
- Stochastic optimization model to synchronize inventory deployment
- Powerful planning and analytics dashboard to enhance visibility of the root causes of inventory
- Inventory intelligence that provides insight into specific items, locations, and time frames
- What-if analyses to compare the outcomes of different strategies around demand and supply
- Modeling features to help balance service levels with cost
- Profitability analysis (beyond “ABC classification”) to deploy inventory and appropriate customer service levels in the most profitable way