So here is my “blog it forward” contribution. I was asked or invited by Jitendra Kansal. Thanks for the invitation and sorry it took me so long to find the time or the right mood to write about me. My sudden motivation has nothing to do with the cute little badge you get these days 😉
What you should know about me…
I’m an SAP BusinessWarehouse InHouse consultant, working currently for a large medical devices company headquartered in Switzerland. I’ve been working with SAP since 2005 or BW 3.0B and being an active member on scn as of this year.
I love to travel the world. With my vacation days and long weekends, I’m working towards visiting my first 100 countries according to The Travelers’ Century Club. Currently, I’m at 87. In addtion to travelling, my other big passion (not counting scn) is photography… well, actually the two go really well together 🙂 .
If you d’like to check out some of my shots stop by on my website mentioned in my profile. I met my canadian wife on one of my trips to the US and we had a long-distance relationship for about a year, until we settled in Switzerland.
About my Country/Hometown
Did you know that Switzerland is the only country aside from the Vatican which has a square flag? Every other fun fact about Switzerland is probably a cliche anyway 🙂 . You know mountains, chocolate, watches and Heidi..
Gossau SG is the town where I grew up and is a city with roughly 18’000 people, making it the 4th largest city in the canton of St.Gallen. There is nothing spectacular to say about the town itself, but I spent the first 25 years of my life there and it is still my center where we get together as a family.
I have been asked to answer the following three questions:
1) What makes you smile/laugh?
That question is now pretty easy… on Halloween my first little daugther was born and when I look in her face I can’t help it – one just has to smile.
2) Had you not been into software at all, where would you have been?
Good question. My first education was as an electrician before I went to university and got my degree in Business Informatics. I probably would have ended up as a firefigther though and I did this on a volunteer basis for the last 10 years.
3) What is the craziest thing you have done in your life? 🙂
I would say taking the nuclear powered icebreaker “50 years of Victory” and sailing or rather crushing through the pack ice to the NorthPole. Personally I don’t think I can get any crazier than this!! It was a very spectacular honeymoon into a bizar arctic world with 24 hours of daylight.
- What do you most enjoy on SCN?
- What is the best lesson your parents taught you?
- Which 5 things do you absolutely want to achieve in life?
Remember the rules of the game:
– Follow the Blog It Forward Chain in order to be updated when the people you blog it forward to post the links to their “Blog It Forward” blogs.
– Read Moshe’s blog again to make sure you follow the rules in your own blog:
- Provide an introduction to yourself
- Provide a fun fact about your country or yourself
- Add a cool picture of yourself or your homeland/town
- Answer specific questions that were “Blog It Forward” to you
- Answer 3-4 optional questions from the bank of questions provided below. Or choose to answer questions you make-up on your own.
- Create 1-2 personalized questions you would like to blog forward
- List at least 2 people who you are blogging it forward to. Link to their SCN profile by typing @ and then their name (e.g @HisName).
- Ask the community to follow the Blog It Forward Chain in order to be updated when the people you “Blog It Forward” to post the links to their “Blog It Forward” blogs.
Thanks for reading my BIF.