Sap HanaOne on AWS – Migration and Upgrade Guide:
Rev 48 -> Rev 52.1 -> HANA SP6 Rev68
- Take backup of old instance Rev 48 from Hana Studio or AWS HanaOne Console.
- The backup files are stored on the Hana One Server at /backup/HDB/data with the prefix (COMPLETE_DATA_BACKUP).
- Launch a new instance of 52.1 on AWS.
- Take Backup HANA database of the new instance of 52.1 ONLY from Hana One Console.
- Logon to the AWS Hana One console and check if everything is working properly. Do the same with Hana Studio Administration Tab.
- Check that all services such as Nameserver, Indexserver, Preprocessor, Statisticsserver, XS Engine are showing green from AWS Hana One console as well as from Hana Studio.
- From AWS HanaOne console 52.1 -> select AddOns -> click on HANASP6 Ver68 -> download and install.
- Wait 20-30 minutes for the Upgrade to take place. After successful Upgrade the version changes to Rev68 and is shown in the installed tab.
- STOP the Hana EC2 instance on AWS console.
- START the Hana EC2 instance on AWS console.
- Next, one critical step to perform is to start the Scriptserver, from Hana Studio Administration tab by changing the parameters from 0 to 1 at 2 locations in the daemon.ini -> scriptserver. Scriptserver is not started by default, which is leads to the HDBDAEMON FAILURE while recover, and hence resulting in complete FAILURE of hana instance.
Note : SAP has not mentioned anywhere about starting the scriptserver during backup and recovery operations and it is not a mandatory step, but we found out through server side research that the scriptserver is being called while recovery and hence leading to hdbdaemon failure when scriptserver is not running.
- Now, upload the backed-up files to the Upgraded HanaOne Rev68 at /backup/HDB/data using WinSCP.
- Login to this server from PuTTy as root and go to the above location and change the permissions of all the backed-up files to show the owner as hdbadm:sapsys with the following command:
- chown – R hdbadm:sapsys COMPLETE_DATA_BACKUP_*.*
- ls –lrt shows the listing of the files with changed owner.
- Download and Install the Rev 68 HanaStudio and Client from Downloads tab on AWS HanaOne Console.
- Check whether all servers are running as above, including the ScriptServer.
- Right click on Added Instance in HanaStudio -> click on RECOVER -> console opens up asking for HDBADM (<sid>ADM) password -> provide the password.
- Agree to shutdown the system and then select only a specific data backup option.
- Specify the backup files.
- Check all the parameter and click on Finish button to start recovery. Ignore new license key install.
- Wait till recovery is complete and after successful recovery, you will see the following message.
- System HDB was recovered successfully.
- Open HanaStudio Rev68 and do Testing of the migrated Catalog Tables and Content Packages.