This document describes the procedure to deploy/update Oracle Driver on PI 7.3 systems using SUM.
Normally, if we have a PI 7.3 system is because we have updraded from PI 7.1.
This document talk about upgrade jdbc-jms adapters from PI 7.1 and provide a path from SAP NetWeaver 7.1 PI Java Installation DVD. But, ¿what happens if our installation it’s over 7.3?
The first thing that comes to mind is download installer of “SAP Netweaver PI 7.3” but this does not exist, the correct way it’s download SAP Netweaver 7.3 Java components because the Netweaver 7.3 it’s the base for upgrade to PI 7.3.
So, oh surprise!!! The .sda archive described on This document it does not appear. Bad way again!!.
If you try to upgrade with the archive from Netweaver 7.1 you could find with this error.
So guys, if you have an SAP Netweaver PI 7.3 upgraded from 7.1 this is you have to do.
- Like it’s described on This document the .sda archive we have to modify is: com.sap.aii.adapter.lib, so we must download the .sca archive that contain it, so first identify which Software Component is associated to the Development component. The software component is SAP-XI3RDPARTY
2. This software component can be downloaded Support Package and Patches -> SAP NETWEAVER -> SAP EHP1 FOR SAP NETWEAVER 7.3 ->Entry by Component-> PI Adapter Engine (Java EE). ->XI 3RD PARTY 7.31 and download the SP level you want.
3. Once downloaded, open a the .sda archive with a zip program, e.g winrar, and extract the provider.xml descriptor, located in server folder, in a folder of your pc.
4. Afterwards, get into .sda, the ojdbc6.jar over the lib folder
5. Modify the provider.xml adding the reference to the new jar
6. Deposit again the xml archive into the .sda
7. Use the Software Update Manager (SUM) to deploy the modified com.sap.aii.adapter.lib.sda. Here only on thing, ensure that you new .sda be over /usr/sap/trans/EPS/in, NOT other folder.