Any reasonably complex piece of software is going to suffer from bugs at least once and the SAP process for reporting issues is via OSS. SOVN & STVN are however quite niche and many people may not realise what information might be relevant in helping SAP and Nakisa resolve an issue. Whilst the “Support Questions you will be asked when creating a message” post by Matthew Stapleton is an excellent starting point there are some other pieces of information that can prove quite beneficial to include.
Over the last couple of years I created and refined a template for internal use in my organisation for recording issues. The Nakisa support team liked it so much they asked if they could use it with other clients. I’m not sure if that ever did happen as we’ve just continued iterating and using ours. However the whole idea is to speed up the resolution process and doing that benefits everyone so I’m sharing a distilled version of the document here.
Should you find any issues you will be able to use the attached template to make the jobs of both reporting and resolving the issue that bit easier
Here are a few tips for using the template:
- Feel free to customise the template to your own needs.
- The sections highlighted in yellow are intended to be over-typed and replaced.
- Comments beginning “>>” provide some instruction.
- Comments not beginning “>>” provide one or more examples of content.
- Optional content (see comments) should be removed if not relevant to the issue.
- All comments should be removed before the document is submitted.
- All yellow sections should be replaced with content before the document is submitted.
- The document should be attached to the OSS message at the time of submission.
Unfortunately SCN won’t currently allow Word documents to be attached to documents so I’ve shared this file as a link to my Google Drive. By default Google will probably show you the file in a Google Doc viewer. To download a copy simply select the Download option from the file menu.