Let me share generic troubleshooting steps for Fiori apps.
For troubleshooting, you need to understand runtime architecture of Fiori apps. Please go through SAP Fiori learning materials (2013 June edition).
Reporting just like “I got this error message” is not smart way. Please report what is the issue and what you have checked.
There are 5 categories for troubleshootings. Please check from Category 1 to 5.
- Category 1: Software deployment
- Category 2: Connection settings
- Category 3: Backend configuration
- Category 4: Search SCN and Notes
- Category 5A: OData side
- Category 5B: UI side
- The last step: Report the issue
Category 1: Software deployment
1.1 Make sure you have installed prerequisite add-on components.
http://help.sap.com/fiori Installation Guide
1.2 Make sure you have applied the latest support package.
11. 1.3 Apply all mandatory notes
Over 50% reported issues in SCN, root cause was missing mandatory notes,
Category 2: Connection settings
2.1 Make sure the trusted RFC was set up
2.2.Double check the system alias definition and taskprocessing service
2.3 Check http/https settings
You may get CSRF token error
Category 3: Backend configuration
3.1 Test the scenario in ERP without Fiori
I see many issues were reported because of ERP is not configured or your user is not integrated to HCM.
Category 4: Search SCN and Notes
4.1 Search SCN and notes
- SAP Fiori – Component neme quick reference
- Searching and Displaying SAP Notes in SAP Service Marketplace
- How to search OSS NOTES that are relevant & applicable ONLY to your system
- How to search the SAP notes efficiently
Category 5A: OData side
5A.1 Identify the OData URI and checkthe response
Most of issue are related with OData and ERP configuration. Fiori apps get data via OData from ERP backend. You should check the issue is in OData side or UI side.
Category 5B: UI side
5B.1. Apply additional notes for UI
If you apply UI Add-on SP08. you may get UI5 library down compatibility issue. You have to apply some fix notes.
The last step: Report the issue
- If it is how to question or you think some your setting is wrong, please post issues on SCN
- If it looks a bug, please create a customer message in the SAP Service Marketplace.
Make sure you open the remote connection for both SAPGUI and Web (http/terminal server, etc.) access.