Auto update transaction status using Actions and Action Monitor
Detailed steps for automatic change of the Status of a transaction using SAP Actions and Action Monitor –
SAP Functionalies used –
2.Batch job scheduling using Action Monitor
Example illustrated below – Change of Status of Appointment from OPEN to CLOSED
1) Create Actions with Wizard –
2) Use Method Call
3) Use method – SET_DOCUMENT_STATUS ;
4) Processing time – Processing using selection report
5) Enter Element / Name, Structure and Field. This data is very essential and please key in these values only.
6) Go to Initial Value , Maintain initial value as – FINI
7) Go to change Actions and Maintain Start Condition in Change Actions and Conditions –
8) Start Condition – To Date = Current Data of Application server
7) Assign ACTION Profile to Transaction Type –
8) Status Profile of the Transaction Type –
9) Create an Appointment
10) Enter Activity Partner –
11) Save the Transaction , The Status is OPEN
Go to Actions tab and execute the Action manually –
Action is processed –
12) Go to details tab, on saving – Status changes to CLOSED.
13) Create 2 appointments and save with Start date as today and with end date today and 2 Activities with start date tomorrow and end date tomorrow
Using Action Monitor :
Using Action Monitor and Background processing to automatically change Status for the 2 Activities with end date today –
1) Go to Action Monitor – Tcode – CRMC_ACTION_JOB
2) Enter Action Profile and save –
3) Create Variant and put Only for background processing and click SAVE . Please make sure to select Processing without DIALOG as this runs automatically in background.
4) Go to SM36 ( For scheduling background jobs) –
Create job and save –
Enter Program – RSPPFPROCESS (Program name for Action Monitor) and choose variant created and save –
5) Go back, Click on Job Selection – Put job name and check job status as scheduled and Click Execute –
6) Check the box next to the job and click on Release –
7) Select processing time as immediate and save to check. We can set the job periodically to run at certain intervals and auto-close all the activities which meet the criteria without any manual intervention.
8) The job gets Executed –
The Status for the 2 transactions with end date as today has changed to CLOSED while for Transactions where Start condition is not met it has not changed.