SAP Cloud Connector Configuration
Here is a quick guide to how to install the SAP Cloud Connector.
Download Microsoft Visual Studio C++ 2010.
Java 6 or Java 7 needs to be installed – for Java 7, the sapjvm7 JRE can be downloaded from the following link: https://tools.hana.ondemand.com/#cloud.
- Once you have this downloaded, store it to a final location.
Note: If you change the location it will alter different commands in Java that will be not be able to run in tandem with the Bat file.
2. Once JVM 7/6 is downloaded, extract all files to its final location.
3. Next step is to define the path for JAVA_HOME and JAVA_PATH so that it can be linked to bin file.
Environment variable JAVA_HOME and PATH needs to be set to the Java installation directory so that the bin subfolder can be found
4. Go to Control Panel > system and Security > Security > Advanced System Settings
5. Select Environment Variables
6. You need to then create the path to where your JVM source files are located on the machine (See below for Path reference)
“C:\JVM7\sapjvm_7\lib” as the JAVA_HOME Folder is located in “lib folder”
See below for the path for JAVA_HOME. This is also located on the C drive.
“C:\JVM7\sapjvm_7” is where the JAVA_HOME folder is located.
Now that the Java JVM files have been uploaded, you should now test to see if they work correctly.
- Open Command Prompt.
- Type “Path”
- Then type “java –version
- Finally, type “javac -c” into the command prompt.
E. Java has now been successfully installed, as you can see the javac version 22.214.171.124 is the one that was downloaded from the Hana OnDemand Tool Page.
Now it’s time to connect to the SAP Cloud Connector
1. Download the SAP Cloud Connector from the HANA OnDemand Tool Page.
2. Save the file in the C drive along with the JVM folder in a separate file.
3. Name the file “SAPCC”.
4. Go to this directory and start the Cloud connector via the go.bat file.
Enter https://localhost:8443/ into the browser.
This will launch the Cloud Connector
Now that you have generated the Cloud Connector, you don’t yet have access.
Firstly, you will need to run it as an Administrator user.
You will then be prompted to change the password of the administrator.
- Type “old password”, (i.e. manage)
- Create new password.
- Retype new password.
- Press “Ok”
The next steps will show how to set up the initial configuration.
- 1. The landscape host: hanatrial.ondemand.com
- 2. Account Name: _______
- 3. User Name: _______
- 4. Password: ________
- 5. HTTPS Proxy: proxy
- 6. Port: 8080
- 7. Click “Apply”
Note that all users will be different. You can get your Account name for the HCP from the HCP Cockpit
Here is a link to the HANA Cloud Cockpit: https://account.hanatrial.ondemand.com/cockpit
This will then bring you to the home page of the HANA Cloud Connector.