Loading Date of BW InfoProvider in SAP BO
since I found the very nice blog entry from Prabhith and people may have not activated the BI Administration Cockpit, I decided to quickly post an entry quick and dirty while loading some data 😉
(Link to document: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-48514)
One of the most missing features in BI is the loading date of InfoProvider in SAP BW.
Quite a while before the BI Admin Cockpit was activated in our system, I needed to find a solution.
As Prabhith mentioned there a quite a few so this is how I done it:
1. Create a Generic DataSource in your BW System on Table RSBKREQUEST (no delta necessary at least in my case).
2. Create a DSO with the following InfoObjects:
-> ZULADDAT is a Date and ZULADTST ist the timestamp of the loading.
3. Create a Transformation
4. Create the routines for converting the timestamps into somthing we can use:
a. Routine for the InfoObject ZULADDAT (convert the timestamp in date)
b. Routine for the InfoObject ZULADTST
-> Make sure to set your TimeZone and DayLightSaving indicator according to your needs.
in my case we are in Switzerland.
5. Create the DTP with filter:
a. TargetObjectType CUBE, IOBJA, ISET and ODSO
b. Request Status: 2 and 8
6. Create a Multiprovider on top of the DSO – add the fields
-> Create a BEx Query and / or a Universe.
7. Result can look like this (we have this on all our Webi-Reports:
Thats about it.
Hope this helps,
PS: Make sure to put this load after loading all other InfoProvider 🙂
Moved to the Business Warehouse space; please post this type of content there in the future.
Well argueable, cos BW does not need the loading date of InfoProviders since its already build in BEx. This solution is for BO - especially for Webi / Dashboards etc.
But i dont mind letting you move this 🙂