Over the past several months, I’ve been maintaining a set of Wiki pages which I use frequently to quickly find information pertaining to the BI Platform.
As a support engineer supporting the BI platform, I am frequently using the following resources as reference material to help with my investigations:
- Product Support documentation (help.sap.com)
- Product Maintenance information (Release notes, Product Availability Matrix)
- Software Downloads (Installations, upgrades or Patches: service.sap.com/swdc)
- SAP KBA search (specific to BI KBA’s)
- Remote Supportability resources (How to do root cause analysis)
- SCN resources (WIKI, BLOGS, Discussions
Since some of this information is located in disperse locations, I’ve consolidated it all into one single easy to use view:
What I find to the most resourceful:
- No more navigating through KBA to find Release notes:
Quick access to Release Notes (for all versions and SP’s) without drilling into several KBA’s to access the PDF.
- No more KBA results for non-BI components:
KBA searches only the BI component areas
- No more navigating through Software Downloads areas:
Quick access to Direct links for BI Platform downloads
- Dynamic feeds for SCN blogs, wiki pages and discussions!
I will also be working to update this to include BI4.1+ information
Hope you all find it useful