Cloud Business Case #1: Engaging with customers in the 21st century
This is the first in a new blog series, sharing the Business Cases for Cloud solutions as utilized by SAP Customers on their Cloud adoption paths.
Recently a big European player in the consumer industry started using SAP Cloud for Social Engagement. This solution is part of SAP´s Cloud for Customer product family, available as SaaS solution over the web. It enables clients to listen and engage with their customers via multiple social media channels.
Unique business Challenge
The #1 challenge their social media team faced: they were totally disconnected from the business as none of their activities have been transparent in any business system.
As a matter of fact none of the business people gained valuable insights from their data and thus were no actions triggered as a result of social media work. The Information islands have led to fragmented and broken processes. Furthermore the team was prevented from delivering measurable results of their social activities by the aggregation effort and missing reporting capabilities. A monthly created excel sheet for their CMO reported critical figures but this is far from real time data processing and immediate action.
Additionally the customer wanted to leverage the solution to provide integration to a broader SAP portfolio.
Social Media creates new opportunities to interact with prospects and customers. Thus it becomes more and more important to find routes to leverage the opportunities and manage all relevant channels and respond quickly to stay on top of this growing stream of information. The customer was aware of the challenge and asked for a solution to significantly increase efficiency for the activities.
The social media team required an easy to handle social media engagement solution with an end-to-end integration into the general customer service systems. They wanted to have a better, faster and comprehensible base for decisions. To make it actionable in a social media world, real time reporting capabilities was high on the capability list.
With SAP Cloud for Social Engagement they run all social media integrated in a single system.
- They create sentiment profiles and historical patterns.
- Customer engagement is now linked independent of the inbound channel.
- They gain better insights because information is available anytime in real time. They stay in contact and continuously receive feedback. As a result they are faster with providing a tailored solution to face demands.
- Integrated with all relevant systems they collaborate across the organization. Insights are available for all stakeholders, not only a small team anymore.
- Instead of waiting for a report the CMO has a holistic picture with all necessary information at the fingertips whenever required.
looking forward to your feedback
- Cloud Business Case #6: Deliver greater user experience to your clients
- Cloud Business Case #5: How to make your customers key in the wholesale industry
- Cloud Business Case #4: Sales efficiency – Cloud@work in mobility aids industry
- Cloud Business Case #3: Collaboration in focus
- Cloud Business Case #2: Financial Services evolve to a new level
- Cloud Business Case #1: Engaging with customers in the 21st century