Integration Add-on 2.0 for SAP HCM and SuccessFactors: Support Package 2
The second service package for the second integration package for integrating SAP HCM and SuccessFactors – Integration Add-on for SAP ERP Human Capital Management and SuccessFactors Business Execution 2.0 Service Package 2.0 – was released on SAP Service Marketplace on September 6th 2013. The second package introduced new hire integration for the “Attract-to-hire” process that enabled individuals who had accepted a job offer in SuccessFactors Recruiting Execution to be hired in SAP HCM using the standard Hiring Action. A brief overview of all of the packages and the strategy for integration can be found in my blog SAP HCM and SuccessFactors Integration Packages: a brief overview.
The integration package builds on functionality that has been delivered previously and introduces integration for the Define-to-hire recruiting process. It provides customers of SuccessFactors Recruiting Execution with the ability to create requisition requests in SuccessFactors Recruiting using employee, position, and vacancy data from SAP ERP HCM.
The add-on includes a number of new features and functionality:
- Ability to trigger and update Job Requisitions in SuccessFactors Recruiting from SAP ERP HCM
- New infotype 1107 to store vacancy information
- New reports, including RH_SFI_TRIGGER_JOB_REQUISITION and RH_SFI_RECRUIT_REQ_FIELDS
- New tab in PPOME for a Position object
- A new view in PPOME: SFSF Job Requisition (list) and SFSF Job Requisition (structure)
- New IMG entries under the Integration Scenario for Recruiting Data node in the Integration Add-On for SAP ERP HCM and SuccessFactors BizX node
The screenshot below demonstrates the new tab in PPOME that is added to Positions to show details of any Job Requisitions created for that position.
The package itself comprises of ESR content for SAP NetWeaver Process Integration (NWPI) and SAP HANA Cloud Integration (HC) and the reports, function modules, and BAdIs to perform the integration activities. As per SAP’s strategy for Hybrid integration, the process is triggered from SAP ERP HCM and not from SuccessFactors. No additional configuration is required on the SuccessFactors side for this integration.
The add-on provides process integration with the following process flow:
In addition it extends the process flow of the previous integration add-on:
In more detail, the process steps are:
- A position is set to Vacant in PPOME using the standard method and a change pointer is created in table HRSFI_D_RCT_REQ
- Report RH_SFI_TRIGGER_JOB_REQUISITION is run in SAP (either manually or via a scheduled job) to:
- Create a record in infotype 1107 and create a Job Requisition in SuccessFactors Recruiting for each vacant positions found in infotype 1107 using position, orgunit, and job information from SAP
- Close any Job Requisition’s for positions that are no longer marked as vacant in SAP
- The State of the Job Requisition in SuccessFactors Recruiting is set to pre-approved and infotype 1107 is updated in SAP with the Requisition ID, as well as fields such as Requisition Template ID and name, etc
- During the Recruiting process the job requisition is updated with the latest information from SAP
- A candidate will be hired into SAP using the process integration in Integration Add-on 2.0
- Once the Hiring Action has been performed the vacancy is closed in infotype 1107 and, if applicable, infotype 1007 and the User ID of the new hire is updated in the Requisition in SuccessFactors Recruiting
Report RH_SFI_TRIGGER_JOB_REQUISITION is fairly straightforward and can be scheduled using a variant. The initial screen of the report requires the user only to select the language before executing the report. Below you can see the selection screen when running the report in transaction SE38.
Infotype 1107 records are created with SUBTY value of 0001. When a vacancy is closed the SUBTY is set to 0002, unless the Status of the Job Requisition is set to pre-approved. In this situation an error is provided that the Requisition cannot be closed, the Status is set to SAPdeleted, and the infotype 1107 record is then deleted. The screenshot below shows a record of a closed Job Requisition for a Position in PPOME.
Configuration and Setup
This package requires configuration on the SAP side and some setup on the SuccessFactors side in the Requisition XML for the integration fields. If both recruiting process integrations are being configured then this integration should be configured before the attract-to-hire integration provided in Integration Add-on 2.0. Most of the SAP configuration is within the IMG under Personnel Management > Integration Add-On for SAP ERP HCM and SuccessFactors BizX > Integration Scenario For Recruiting Data > Transfer of Job Requisition Data from SAP ERP to SuccessFactors BizX.
In the IMG, the following customizing activities need to be performed:
- The integration has to be enabled by setting parameters CANDIDATE_UPDATE_ACTIVE and JOB_REQUISITION_INTEGR_ACTIVE to X in customizing activity Activate Additional Functions
- The Job Requisition Template metadata needs to be imported into SAP using customizing activity Importing Metadata from SuccessFactors BizX founder under Basic Settings or via report RH_SFI_SYNCH_METADATA
- Map the Job Requisition ID to a fieldset in customizing activity Assign SuccessFactors BizX Objects to Field Sets – this can be done multiple times if there are more than one Job Requisition Template
- In the customizing activity Map SuccessFactors BizX Fields and SAP ERP Fields to Each Other map the Job Requisition fields to SAP ERP HCM fields, which can be either via BAdI or via Table *
- Set the BAdI that will be used to determine which Job Requisition ID to use for groups of Positions in customizing activity BAdI: Determination of Job Requisition Template from SFSF
- Specify the handling of existing vacancies during the transfer in customizing activity Specify Handling of Existing Vacancies During Data Transfer
- Run report RH_SFI_RECRUIT_REQ_FIELDS to check if all of the fields that are to be transferred to SuccessFactors Recruiting exist and are set to Required
*Note that this activity is not transportable
Once this configuration has been completed then the add-on is ready to use.
Notes on using the integration
For the 1311 release of SuccessFactors Recruiting it is very important that customers use the latest add-on on the SAP Service Marketplace. This is because of changes in 1311 release of SuccessFactors Recruiting.
Customers do not need to use vacancies (T77S0-PPVAC = 0) to use this functionality. Records can be created manually in HRP1107 for the vacant positions that they want to hire for in SuccessFactors Recruiting.
During the process the State field of the Job Requisition is updated. This field should not be confused with the Requisition Status field, which is different. The end user can set the Requisition Status field as required, but the State field is a system field that cannot be modified by the end user.
Since a Job Requisition is based on a Requisition Template that cannot change, if the Requisition Template must change then the Job Requisition must be closed and re-opened once the Requisition Template has been changed.
Changing the start date of the infotype 1107 record to the future will close the Job Requisition until the date of the record is reached when it will be re-opened. Moving the end date of an infotype 1107 record to the past will also close the Job Requisition.
This extends the integration for SuccessFactors Recruiting to ensure that the major processes are covered from a data and process integration perspective. The process is simple and quick to trigger and often requires little or no change to the existing process for setting positions to vacant. The value is in the simplicity of this package and is a nice way to build on the existing integration and complete the overall process flow.