Basics of Warranty Claims:
With this Business Function you can create and edit warranty claims from service and maintenance documents. You can use a warranty claim to request reimbursement of material costs, labor costs, as well as other costs that arose while rectifying faults in an object. Prerequisite is that a valid warranty exists for the object.
• Trigger warranty claim processing from a service document or a maintenance document when the replaced part or service rendered is covered by a warranty contract
• This enables you to recover the price of the part or the labor cost for the repair from the manufacturer.
• Trigger the returns process from the service document or the maintenance document
• Trigger the returns process from a warranty claim document
• Track the status of the return part in the warranty claim document
• Process warranty claim items
You have installed the following components:
• Customer Service Processing
• Warranty Claim Processing
1) Create the master warranty VIA Transaction Code-BGM1
2) Enter the master warranty in Equipment Master Or Functional Location Master
3) Enter the responsible partner details in Equipment Master or Functional Location Master
4) Create the Warranty Claim VIA Transaction Code-WTY for Equipment Master