The SAP Runs SAP Social Media Decathlon is here! One of our biggest events, that you don’t want to miss, is a Google Hangout with Mike Golz, CIO Americas, and Jonathan Becher, Chief Marketing Officer, SAP North America. Our topic for this Hangout is “Marketing and IT alignment: the blending of two worlds.” For the CIO, trends (such as cloud computing, the “consumerization of IT,” the “Internet of things,” and employees expecting to bring their own mobile devices) are changing the role of the CIO in dramatic ways. All of these changes are creating both a challenge and an opportunity for the CMO and CIO to work more closely together to better meet the needs of customers, employees, and shareholders. In this SAP Runs SAP Hangout, we will discuss the blending of two worlds, IT and Marketing, and how they can support each other and push the business forward.
In this interactive discussion, we’ll take a deeper dive into:
- Trends affected by IT and Marketing
- Even though they look different, the two must work together–how it is possible, what are the challenges?
- What would the ideal collaboration look like?
- Prediction for the Future of IT and Marketing
When: Thursday, October 31, live @ 3:00pm EST
Where: Watch via the live video stream (once the event starts) and follow the discussion on Twitter #SAPRunsSAP
About Our Guests
Jonathan Becher, Chief Marketing Officer of SAP, oversees the development and execution of marketing and Communications strategy across the globe. Jonathan strives to drive improved business results, uncover new business opportunities, and guide strategic decisions that help SAP run better. Jonathan joined SAP during the 2007 acquisition of Pilot Software, where he was president and chief executive officer. Jonathan is author of the popular blog “Manage by Walking Around”, a frequent speaker at industry events, and a published author on multiple subjects. He was recently named one of the world’s most influential CMOs, by Forbes Magazine and the most social CMO by the Huffington post.
Mike Golz , CIO Americas at SAP. He oversees all IT services in North America and Latin America, aligning information and technology strategy with SAP’s business strategy and providing best-in-class processes and reliable, optimized operations for all SAP lines of business in the Americas.
Michael also leads the unique Global “SAP Runs SAP” program which highlights co-innovation and early adoption in Enterprise Mobility, In-Memory Technology, Analytics, Green IT and Cloud. As a result, SAP Global IT has become the company’s best customer reference, and Michael frequently speaks to customers about IT’s first-hand experiences with SAP software.
How to Join the Conversation
- Watch the live video stream on SAP Google+, SAP YouTube channel, or the SAP Community Network
- Don’t worry; you don’t need to have a Google+ account to watch the live stream. Simply click the above links (works with any browser) to watch and listen to the conversation.
Chat and Ask Questions
- The tweetchat is following the #SAPRunsSAP topic. Join the conversation and tweet your comments/questions while you watch the live video stream – using the hashtag.
- What’s a tweetchat? It’s a real-time “meeting” on Twitter, 140 characters at a time. Simply log in to Twitter (you can create an account at www.twitter.com) and include the hashtag #SAPRunsSAP along with your comments and questions. You’ll be in the conversation! Watch the stream of tweets with Twitter or any Twitter app (such as Tweetdeck, Hootsuite, or Tweetchat.com.)
Download the event to your Outlook calendar from the attachment below!