Goosebumps at SuccessConnect with Employee Central
Do you ever get goosebumps? The ones when little bumps rise up on your arms and legs? It typically happens if there is a change in the temperature around you. Per Wikipedia: “Goosebumps, also called goose flesh, goose pimples, the medical term cutis anserina, are the bumps on a person’s skin at the base of body hairs which may involuntarily develop when a person is cold or experiences strong emotions such as fear, nostalgia, pleasure, euphoria, awe, admiration and sexual arousal.”
I’ve been getting goosebumps a lot since I’ve been here at SuccessFactors and it’s not because they can’t regulate the air conditioner at the office. It’s because I am in awe. Awe of what I know is extremely powerful – like Employee Central is a part of the most complete HCM cloud solution out there. The ability to start anywhere and go everywhere is not just a phrase, but reality with Employee Central. Here are few examples of moments of awe inspired goosebumps I experienced at Success Connect with Employee Central:
- Watching Marc Farrugia, HR director of Sun Communities present and talk about how easy it was for them to implement SuccessFactors HCM Solutions including Employee Central. Goosebumps rose when he said we exceeded their expectations by delivering the following:
- Simplicity for End Users
- End to end data management
- Elimination of unnecessary steps
- Easy automation
- Reliability and Security
- Company who stands behind the product
- Showing our beautiful Employee Central user interface and how elegantly it supports transactions to and from other systems from a desktop as well as mobile device. They say that beauty is only skin deep, and in this case “screen deep”. Goosebumps popped up all over when we received “oohs and aahs” as we demonstrated the beauty and how elegantly transactions were performed before the eyes of our audience.
- Watching people diligently attend sessions. This was a serious group of dedicated HR professionals. With all the temptations of Las Vegas, people packed our Employee Central Sessions from morning to night. They came to learn about the latest Employee Central features by our Director of Product Development, Murali Mazhavanchery. Participants took great notes and asked a ton of questions about integration directed at Umesh Rustogi, SAP Head of Cloud integration and Thomas Otter VP of Product Development for Employee Central at a panel sponsored by Epi-Use and MC’d by Luke Marson, both experienced with Employee Central integrations.
- Lastly, I’m in awe of the two guys that I labeled my “bad boys” of SuccessConnect – Thomas Otter and Joachim Foederer. These two guys are the walking Employee Central past, present and future. I only call them “bad” because they totally ignored my pleas as the Employee Central Marketing Director to produce a PowerPoint presentation for their session. Instead, they did the session their way which they dubbed “a panel of 2”. Answering any and all questions from the audience around Employee Central. Only these 2 could have done it, unscripted, no PowerPoint, nada.
Now that fall is here, the air conditioning is off and I don’t expect the goosebumps to go away anytime soon as I continue to work on Employee Central. I am just looking forward to creating more of those “awe” moments that bring those bumps on.