Initially functional people create the BDC recording in SAP System with respect to any standard T-code to upload the data or execute the process for one or multiple records, and used to ask a Technical person (ABAPer) to create the respective BDC program, which executes for one or multiple records.
Now the Kaizen idea by me, where we can save the huge chunk of time by the following program, which basically creates a BDC program of any existing or newly created recording of SAP System.
Below is the Process to execute the created Program.
- Give an existing BDC Recorded name in BDC Name input field or select the F4 for the Display the all BDC information.
2. Select any one of the recording from the above screen and select the Process button.
3. Then the below screen will appear with the selected Recording.
4. If user enters the recorded name without selecting the F4 option and if the entered record is having more than one record with same name then the same will open window with all respective entered recorded information.
5. After selecting any one of the recordings from the window, one needs to select the Process button then the respective recorded fields will display as below table shows :
6. By default all recorded fields are selected,
7. Enter the respective value and select the Process with Button to execute the selected recording.
8. You can change the mode if required with the help of these :
A Display all screens
E Display errors
N Background processing
P Background processing; debugging possible
9. After execution, the below window will appear with all respective successful or error message:
10. The same process can be used for all selected recorded fields.
11. To generate the excel file select all respective recorded fields from the table, which needs to upload the data in process time.
12. As one can see the below screen, if only one field is selected; for e.g Sales Document.
13. After selecting the Generate Excel File, a pop-up window will open to select the file save location.
14. Select a valid folder and select Ok to Proceed.
15. The respective excel file will get saved in the selected location. The excel file name would be the ‘Selected BDC Name.xls’.
16. To generate the Program code, the procedure are same as generate the excel file.
17. When one selects the Generate Program button, the “same file as” save as window will open to choose a location.
18. After selecting a valid location in PC, a txt file will generate with the ‘Selected BDC Name.txt’.
19. A Functional person needs to open the respective text file and copy all the code from the file.
20. Then one needs to go to the SE38 T-code to create a Program.
21. Give a Proper name for the program with all respective information.
22. Then paste the copied code from the downloaded text file.
23. Change the name of the report with the new name.
24. Then activate the program and execute. You will get the below input window.
25. The particular program can be used for the single entry data process or an excel file with selection of any excel file with F4 option.
26. Once it executes with single entry or excel file, the output will display as below screen with all respective information of each records.
This is a very basic Program to Generate a BDC Execution program with very basic option.
Thanks & Regards.