This document explains an alternate way of vendor return through Quality Notification. This is in integration between MM, QM and SD modules.
Generally, rejection of materials happen at the time of inspection during GR. But there may be certain cases where rejection happens after a long time, may be from shop floor. By the time, vendor invoice verification might have been done already. So, we cannot do a return using 122 movement type. We have to do the return through return PO. Customer may require an automated process to inform the purchase and stores department and do the return of materials. This process explains an automated return process.
1. Define Quality notification type and assign number ranges.
Path: SPRO –> Quality Management –> Quality Notifications –> Notification Creation –> Notification Type –> Define Notification Types
2. Create Document type for Return PO and assign number ranges. (Optional)
3. Create Sales area for vendor return.
1. Customer master to be created in the sales area for return and assign to Vendor master (In Control data of Vendor master).
2. Material master to be extended in the above sales are.
3. Automatic PO field to be ticked in purchasing view of Material Master.
4. Returns Vendor and Auto PO fields in Vendor Master to be ticked in Purchasing data of vendor master.
5. Shipping condition to be assigned in Vendor master purchasing data.
1. Quality dept to Create Quality Notification for the material to be returned in T-Code QM01.
Enter the quantity and Save the notification.
Enter the Defect Details in Defect Details tab.
2. Purchase Dept to check for any notifications in T-Code QM10, create enrich with purchasing details and create PO and delivery automatically.
Execute. Select the notification line and click on change notification.
Enter purchase org, purchase group (and vendor if not entered earlier). Click on Return delivery.
Enter the PO document type and tax code in the pop up box. Price will be taken from Info record.
Click on continue. A confirmation pop up will appear. On clicking on Yes, Return PO and delivery will be created.
3. Stores dept to check for any pending PGI in T-code QM10 (for which delivery is created through above step).
Execute QM10 as above and select the notification pending for PGI. Click on edit notification.
Click on Change outbound delivery. System will take you to VL02N screen. Enter the Picking quantity and do PGI.
4. Create Excise invoice in J1IS for the material document as usual if the customer is in India.
5. Post Credit Memo in MIRO as usual.
Through this, we can partially automate the process of vendor return. Also, the quality notification serves as a proof for return and it can provide you the track of the defect details.