I’m glad to present the new set of SAP RDS (Rapid-Deployment Solutions) for SAP PPM.
In essence it is simple to understand that an RDS consists of licences (software) and pre defined solution (content) that will be delivered in an agreed timeframe for a fixed price (services). In order to do this common documentation and guides are delivered as standard (enablement).
- Fixed implementation costs;
- A reduced and predictable project life;
- All of this based on a simple perimeter, strictly established and always identical from project to project;
- Several tens of solutions exists for the SAP portfolio as a whole, some of which more specifically for Business Intelligence.
Those SAP PPM RDS have four (4) solution types for different scenarios:
|SAP PPM RDS Name||Description||Note|
|SAP PPM RDS for Portfolio Analysis||
Analyze your capital investment portfolio performance KPIs focused on portfolio risks, project performance, and financial and capacity analysis.
Actual, forecast, and planned values.
Analyze your product portfolio performance.
Key product innovation and product quality KPIs.
Cycle times, delays, Budget overruns, and volumes.
|SAP PPM RDS for IT Management||
IT portfolio management
Offers strategic and operational project portfolio management that covers flexible portfolio structuring and handles financial & capacity planning.
IT project management
Offers a comprehensive process with a template-based approach to Project management and role-based resource management along with functions for integration with SAP® ERP for project accounting and time reporting.
IT portfolio monitoring
Helps introduce project portfolio governance that covers status handling, Questionnaires for risk assessment, and financial and capacity planning data.
|SAP PPM RDS for Portfolio Monitoring||
The SAP Portfolio Monitoring rapid-deployment solution enables organizations to align their projects to their portfolio strategy and allows:
|SAP PPM RDS for Innovation and Product Development||
• Provides an ongoing process for verifying that all your innovation projects are running on time, to scope, and on budget, and that all risks are effectively neutralized. I t enables organizations to address necessary project changes related to budget overruns, budget cuts, and scope and portfolio strategy changes.
I t supports you in:
• Consolidating and verifying all respective innovation projects, facilitating your review of a project’s status, and approving or rejecting budgeting decisions.
• Establishing KPIs and financial and capacity planning data, which can affect project status.
• This solution provides an ongoing process for new development projects by verifying that all projects are running on time, to scope, and on budget, and that all risks are effectively neutralized.
• Portfolio Management is an essential part of the RDS. I t can help organizations to take the right project and product decisions and can help to prioritize projects within the portfolio. The project portfolio can be viewed based on capacity,
financials and quantitative and qualitative KPIs.
• This solution also gives the Product Manager the possibility of analyzing the product performance and to assist the decision-making process.
Those SAP PPM RDS, are very important to companies that want to implement SAP PPM with a fixed price and fixed scope for an specific solution.
1) Which companies and government institutions want to implement SAP PPM RDS?
– Those that have an PMO or have SAP ERP with PS or CO and want to manage his Portfolio & Projects. You can choose any of SAP PPM RDS that apply to your business.
2) Which SAP partner can implement SAP PPM RDS?
– Only those that has been approved the SAP PPM RDS Certification.
* Watch this video of SAP Project Portfolio Analysis rapid-deployment solutions
For more information about RDS:
- Mark Chalfen RDS Blog –> http://scn.sap.com/community/rapid-deployment/blog/2013/02/27/what-are-rds-s-sap-rapid-deployment-solutions
- SAP Eco-Hub –> http://ecohub.sap.com/store/rds/
- SAP On-Line Presentation –> http://www.google.com.ar/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CDEQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fww…