This document will give an overview how we can set Hybrid web container settings in android emulator/device by inserting config file.
Platform Used: Android Emulator 4, SUP 2.2.x
I am sure you would have inserted details in HWC settings manually after registering a user in SCC. But there is also another way to set the settings by creating one config file and same file has to be pushed to the device/emulator.
1. Make sure you have installed HWC on the device/emulator.
for more details check
2. Register a user in SCC
e.g. User name: testUser
3. Create a new notePad file, give all below information
s=<server ip address>;p=5001;c=0;u=testUser;a=12345
Save this file with name Sybase_Messaging_HWC.cfg (for SUP 2.0 you have to use Messaging.cfg)
Save as Type: All Types
4. Open DDMS perspective in eclipse
Make sure your device/emulator is running and showing online in DDMS.
Go to mnt>sdcard
5. Select sdcard, and click on Push a file onto the device. select that cfg file.
it will look like this:
6. Click on hybrid Web Container Icon in application list to reflect the details on settings screen . It will automatically capture all required settings information from that file. If you go and check the status of user in SCC, it would be online.
I hope this document will be helpful for you.
Your comments/suggestions are most welcome.