All excited to be here at Vegas this week to attend SAP TechEd as I look forward to several interesting takeaways from this conference
SAP’s changing strategy over the recent years in the technology space, while still maintaining its strong base as an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software company, has made events like SAP TechEd more interesting to attend. There seems to be something for everybody.
- From Core SAP Users on the User Interface side, with information on SAP personas and framework to extend the user experience with mobility and concepts like ‘Mobile Portal’
- To Developers and IT professionals, to learn about ways to extend ABAP programs, create and deploy mobile apps leveraging SAP Mobility Platform (SMP)
- Business decision makers, to understand the value that technologies like SAP HANA brings on database and performance front
- Learn how Cloud plays a role in your list of options from infrastructure and consumption perspective
- Check out various implementation approaches like Rapid Deployment Solutions for faster deployment and service openings
.. and above all the opportunity to lay hands on the latest technologies during the hands-on sessions is something to definitely look out for..
Although my key area of interest is on topics around Mobility, Cloud and HANA; I see “Portal on Device”(or Mobile Portal) to be a huge value proposition for existing SAP Portal customers giving them an opportunity to extend their efforts on the development, content management and system administration on to mobile devices. I look at this conference as a great opportunity to learn and understand how solutions like Fiori and Mobile Portal fits into SAP’s Mobile Platform and overall strategy.