SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform 4.1 SP01 step by step installation instructions
Installation of SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform 4.1 SP1
System level check:
To install the SAP BO BI platform 4.1 SP1 following minimum Hardware & Software requirements are to be considered.
|Server Memory Size (RAM)||8GB|
|Minimum Server Core||4 core|
|Disk Space||15GB (only server install space)|
|Operating System||Windows Server 2008 x64 and above|
|Java version||6 and above|
3.5 and above
|Microsoft .Net Framework||3.5 SP1 and above|
Step by step installation procedure for installing SBOP BI 4.1 SP1
1. Run the Setup.exe from the extracted BI software dump (folder name as per SMP “51046778”)
2. Installer takes some time to initialize so be patient. Choose the setup language as English and click “OK”.
3. Installer checks the pre-requisites and displays its status.
Microsoft .Net Framework is missing in our server. Hence the status is failed. You can continue to install the BI 4.1 since it is optional (i.e., you can install the optional software after BI 4.1 installation). Click “Next” to continue.
Note: Without fulfilling the Critical type pre-requisites you cannot proceed further.
4. Click “Next” to continue.
5. Accept the license agreement and click “Next”.
6. Enter the product key provided by the SAP then click “Next” to continue.
7. Choose the required language packages for the BI Platform “English” being the default.
8. Select the type of installation to continue. Choose “Custom/Expand” to customize the features of BI platform. Click “Next”.
9. Provide the installation directory for the BI Platform. The default path is “C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP Business Objects\”.
10. Select the required features you want to install.
Default Web Application server is Tomcat 7.0
Default Integrated Database is Sybase SQL Anywhere Database (Till BI 4.0 SP6, integrated Database for BI Platform was MS SQL Server 2008 R2).
Click on “Disk Cost” to know the disk space will be occupied by the BI features after installation. Click “Next” to continue.
11. Select the deployment type during install. There are two types
New BI deployment – to install the new BI platform
Expand BI deployment – used in clustering of BI platform
Choose “Start a new SAP BusinessObjects BI platform deployment” and click “Next”.
12. Provide a name for SIA Node and its port number. Default port number is 6410. Click Next.
13. Enter a port number for CMS. Default port number is 6400.
14. Provide a password for the Administrator account and cluster key for BI Platform.
Administrator is the default BI platform account used to control and maintain the Server. Cluster key is used to add a BI server to the existing server. These are encrypted and stored in the CMS and you cannot retrieve it later if you forgot. Hence please store it somewhere safe. Also refrain from using special characters (!,@,#,$,%,^,&,*) in administrator password and cluster key.
15. Provide the port number for Sybase SQL Anywhere and its “dba” account password. Since integrated DB is Sybase you need to set the password for the CMS DB. Default port number of Sybase SQL Anywhere is 2638.
16. Set the port number of Tomcat (Web Application server) for Connection, Shutdown and Redirect ports. Default ports are
Connection Port – 8080
Shutdown Port – 8005
Redirect Port – 8443
17. Set the HTTP listening port for WACS and RESTFul Web Services. Default port for them is 6405.
18. Provide the Subversion Repository details such as port number and repository password. Default port number is 3690.
19. Enable or disable the Solution Manager Diagnostics (SMD) Agent and Introscope Enterprise Manager. You can able to enable these features after installation also. Hence you are skipping the configuration.
20. Now click “Next” to start the installation.
21. Installation may take hours based on your system configuration. Normally it would take max of 2hrs. It is better to monitor the installation to observe the errors. You can look the setup engine log regularly to confirm that there are no errors. The log would be in the following location.
22. SAP Business Objects BI Platform 4.1 SP01 has been successfully installed in your server. You can view the logs to verify the installation.