Last month at the ASUG SAP BusinessObjects User Conference (SBOUC) several of us (Eric Vallo, Greg Myers, and Dallas Marks) were lucky enough to get some time on the ASUGNews Studio stage (again) to continue our ongoing discussion on the Network of Truth-iness. Show notes are below, for the full video, please visit us at DSLayer.net. Thanks again to Courtney, Tom, Craig, and the rest of the ASUGNews (and ASUG) team for making this happen.
- 00:00 Welcomes, introductions, and general carrying-on.
- 02:00 Greg contends that the Network of Truth is nothing new.
- 02:40 The “Network” is being pushed by the business, not IT.
- 04:00 The long-term, per Dallas, will be BI Vendors making everything (ETL, warehousing, visualization, etc.) much less cumbersome.
- 05:20 Is this all just marketing?
- 06:30 Where in the organization is the truth coming from?
- 07:15 Skills gap, y’all!
- 08:40 Our first heckle, followed immediately by some feedback, then a question.
- 09:40 Do our current tools fit the bill?
- 12:10 Greg drops the “H”-word.
- 12:50 Why doesn’t Webi already fit the bill?
- 13:40 Greg drops the “D”-word.
- 15:20 Eric doesn’t trust users.
- 15:50 Where did the name of the podcast come from?
- 17:30 Crowd question: how do we deal with tool ambiguity?
- 19:00 So which tools do we file away?
- 21:20 IT must work with the business!
Thanks again ASUGNews!
This recording (along with more videos, podcasts, and other fun what-not) is available on our website.