I am primed for my first TechEd in Las Vegas as the SAP Cloud social media ambassador. This is a great opportunity to get the in depth scoop on what SAP is doing with the cloud, meet some customers, check out the Demo Jam and help celebrate TechEd’s 10th anniversary.
I will be joined by the one and only Fred McCloud who is looking forward to his second trip to Vegas in three weeks.
Looking at the Cloud
The event is packed with content, so where do you start, specifically when you are looking for cloud info?
If you narrow down your search for “Cloud Computing,” under the “Topics” filter on the left hand side the 177 remaining sessions become a bit more manageable. Out of those 177, I wanted to provide a highlight of a few that piqued my interest.
This is not a “Top 5“ list, but if you want to save some time, here are a few sessions you might find particularly interesting:
Session TEC105: Update on SAP’s Cloud Strategy – The Cloud is Business
When: Tuesday 5:45 PM – 6:45 PM or Thursday 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM
- This is a must for anyone interested in hearing the SAP cloud story from Sven Denecken.
- Also take advantage of a Q&A session (Session SPK9729) on Wednesday at 11:30 AM – 12:00 PM to ask Sven some cloudy questions about SAP’s cloud strategy.
Session TEC119: Transforming Your Business with SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud
When: Tuesday 10:15 AM – 11:15 AM or Thursday 3:15 PM – 4:15 PM
- The Private Cloud based option for SAP HANA allows you to migrate your SAP on-premise solution to the cloud. Just think speed, simplifying your hardware landscape and shifting from a Capex to Opex IT model.
Session CD102: Connecting Business Applications on the SAP HANA Cloud Platform with On-Premise Systems
When: Tuesday 11:30 AM– 12:30 PM or Wednesday 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM
- Typical customers are running heterogeneous systems, whether they are ABAP based, Java based, HANA based, Cloud based or 3rd party systems. See how Danone South Africa is using the SAP HANA Cloud Platform for their Call Center Application.
Session EXP10268: SAP Business Suite powered by SAP HANA at John Deere
When: Tuesday 1:00 PM – 1:30 PM
- Open forum with the opportunity to ask questions to the first customer that went live with SAP ERP powered by SAP HANA
Session RDP142: A Cloud Database Built for Independent Software Vendors
When: Tuesday 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM
- I’m no technology or database expert, but when I hear “Cloud Database,” You have my attention! This session focuses on a data management system for ISVs to build, deploy and manage cloud applications, taking advantage of the cloud’s economy of scale while still providing the tools to ensure that they still can treat each customer individually.
If you attend any of these sessions, let me know what you think. During TechEd, beware of the guy carrying the cloud pillow, he might ask to take your picture with Fred.