Meet the Moderator at #SAPTeched 2013 Las Vegas – C’mon I dare you!
So you are coming to TechEd 2013 Las Vegas and on your personal list of 5 People I Hope to (Finally) Meet at #SAPTechEd you want to meet you were planning on tracking down that @$%#$! SCN moderator who disallowed your first blog 😥 (ok so it was really a how-to document); made you move your discussion to another space 😕 (so maybe the Workflow space is not the right forum to ask how to use SORT DESCENDING); or gave you a gentle rap over your virtual knuckles insisting you play nicely with the other SCN kiddies honoured community members 😯 (just one dumb question too many was it???).
Or maybe you want to give a big HUG 🙂 and a huge THANK YOU 😆 to that moderator who answered your question when no-one else would; encouraged you to blog after days/months/years of lurking on forums and thinking could I? should I? will anyone read it?; insisted that there are no dumb questions and helped you frame yours better so you got an answer to that 2 hours before go-live showstopper problem that turned your boss go from a evil pointy-haired demon 😈 to your personal guardian angel 😉 .
Good news! Here’s your big opportunity!
This is your big chance to come down and say HI or WHY to our some of our SCN Moderators and find out:
- What do moderators do all day?
- What motivates them to spend so much time and passion on SCN…when they don’t get paid for their efforts? (No not even, come to think of it especially not even, SAP employees who are also moderators)
- What does section 5 subsection 3 b) iv) of the Rules of Engagement really mean and why are the Rules of Engagement being updated?
- Why does my content need to be moderated?
- How do I know I’m ready to start blogging?
- How do I get more likes/ratings for my blogs/documents?
- What are they doing to stop the SCN Gamification options being abused?
- What happens when you put in an Abuse report?
- What can I do to avoid the infamous guestification?
- What do they look like IRL?
Or even …. how do I reach my dream of becoming a moderator myself?
The outrageously contentious topics of:
- SCN Gamification – improving engagement or just encouraging the points monkeys?
- Plagiarism – what really is original content anyway …. and how should plagiarists be dealt with?
- Direct message?! Public humiliation??!! Guestification???!!! Capital punishment????!!!! (Ok everyone just calm down now! As one of my customers said to me “It’s just software. No-one’s supposed to die”.) 😏
may possibly come up during the discussion. This may yet be the most well-mannered all out brawl you have ever seen…
I’ll definitely be there (protective clothing and all) 😀 .
So come along and meet us – we’d love to meet you! We’ll play nice – we promise! 😎