Let us assume that there is a Real Estate Contract with many conditions of same due date or different.When we post this contract the system will generate as many line items of customer/vendor as there are conditions.Some of us demands that there should be one line item for customer/vendor or technically we want to summarize the documents.So, here is the configuration to achieve this ;
1. Create a Condition type say ZSS1 which will be used for summarizing all the conditions which you want to summarize.
2. Create a flow type say ZSS1 and assign this flow type to all the flow types which we want to summarize in the summarizing flow type field.
3. Assign reference flow type to the flow type ZSS1. Also assign the flow type ZSS1 to the condition type ZSS1.
4. Create a accounting symbol say ZSS1
5. Assign the accounting symbol ZSS1 to the flow type ZSS1 as well as to all the conditions which we want to summarize i.e. ZSS2 and ZSS3.
6. Replace the accounting symbol with G/L which you want to use.
7. Now Activate the Document Summarization in company code in Summarize documents Section
8. Assign the Summarizing flow type i.e. ZSS1 to Control of Line Item Summarization with Control of Due dates in Make Settings for Summarization Flow Type.You can use any control method for due dates.We are using method “0001 Only summarize If Due Date the same”
By doing this configuration we will get the summarized form of accounting documents generated which will look like :
In my case there were two conditions of same due date i.e. 01.04.2013 of amount INR 100 each, which when posted; the accounting document generated was of summarized form as shown in above screen shot.
Hope this document could help many of us!