The purpose of this document is to provide bit of tips and tricks during NWDI transports.
Scope and Applicability
This document applies to the following:
– Transport imports using NWDI tracks
- Check for broken DCs :
- Select the relevant track which has CBS configured
- Select the build space
Status should be in green. In case you find some differences, even if we import the transports the changes will not take effect.
The documentation in below link explains how to handle broken DCs
Sometimes it was also noticed that if we don’t import the SAP standard build it gives the broken DC issues.
- Check any open requests:
- Select the open requests as shown below
If there are pending requests found, we will have to sit with the developer to understand the cause. I would recommend NOT activating the requests forcefully without proper analysis.
- Check any open activities:
- Search for open requests as shown below
If there are pending activities found, we will have to sit with the developer to understand the cause. I would recommend NOT activating
the requests forcefully without proper analysis.
- Select the right track for importing the requests: It is important that we should select the right track while importing. If there are multiple tracks it is often seen that transports admins getting mixed up and changes importing in to wrong systems. In such events we can use the CMS tool after referring SAP Note 973346.
- Import getting cancelled due to version issues : The below blog explains the how to tackle such events.