Create sample web service to save data in Java Table using EJB and JPA.
These documents will help you to creating the web service for updating the data in java table using EJB and JPA.
1. Create Dictionary DC from Dictionary Perspective.
2. Create Table in dictionary.
3. Build and deploy the Dictionary DC.
4. Create EJB application-Select DC type as EJB Module.
5. Give EJB application name and click next.
6. Select JPA and finish.
7. Create Enterprise application for EJB application .
8. Give name of enterprise application.
9. Add ejb application(test_app) to ear project and finish.
10. Select Sap data source aliases provider module of the ear DC from project facets and apply.
11. Check alias name of data base in the ear app.
12. Open data-source-aliases.xml from META-INF folder and note the alias name.
13. Create connection from EJB application to dictionary.
14. Define Alias name in persistence.xml.
15. Generate Entities from Table in EJB.
16. After creating the entity class, code as below.
17. Create class for dto in EJB.
18. Generate the getter and setter for this variable.
19. Create an interface in the EJB DC and declare save method as below.
20. Create a session bean in EJB DC.
21. Include Entity Manager and Persistence Context in session bean.
22. Define save operation in session bean.
23. Create a web service for session bean.
24. Build and deploy the EAR and EJB project.
25. Test the web service from WSNavigator.