5 People I Hope to (Finally) Meet at #SAPTechEd
Once of my favorite aspects of SAP TechEd is that it gives attendees an opportunity to finally meet many of the people we interact with virtually on SCN every day. This is especially true for me this year, as I’ve started to blog more and have had some great dialogues with SCN members.
With that in mind, I wanted to recognize a few of the many people I hope to meet this year. These are SCN members who I’ve worked with or have had interesting discussions with on my blogs or on Twitter. It’s always nice to put faces with names, so I’m hoping this list will become an annual tradition for me.
People I’d Like to Meet at SAP TechEd – Las Vegas
- Derek Klobucher – Derek and Tim Clark manage the SAP Business Trends space and have been super helpful in providing feedback on my blogs this year. Derek is also a Social Reporter for TechEd so I hope to catch up with him in between his reporting duties!
- Tammy Powlas – Tammy and I have likely met before but not long enough to have the kinds of fun conversations we have on SCN :-). Tammy will be incredibly busy as an SAP Mentor and TechEd speaker (she has 11 sessions!) but I hope I can catch her at the SAP Jam Band on Wednesday.
- Gretchen Lindquist – Gretchen and I have had nice discussions on SCN blogs and we both plan to share our TechEd experiences with the community throughout the week. She’ll be busy with three security-related customer presentations so I’ll try to find her there.
- Dianna DiSanto – Dianna is the Social Community Manager for SAP TechEd and SAPPHIRE NOW. She’s the Twitter voice of @SAPTechEd and also worked with Brian Rice to implement the social feed monitors you’ll be seeing throughout the venue. She’s also a Social Reporter and I’m hoping we’ll see each other in the Clubhouse during the week.
- Dick Hirsch – Dick is another fellow SAP colleague and an SAP Mentor. We had a nice exchange on my NBA Sabermetrics 101 blog post earlier this year, so hopefully we can catch up and discuss the sports and HANA implications of Nate Silver’s guest keynote on Monday.
Where can you find me at SAP TechEd?
Of course there are so many others who I’ve had connected with on SCN and it would be great to meet all of you if you’re in Las Vegas. If anyone is interested, I’ll be in the Clubhouse off and on throughout the day – and like most attendees, I’ll be at the evening events and keynotes. Or you can just ping me on Twitter if you want to coordinate a quick hello at the event.
Who do YOU hope to meet?
Who are some SCN members you would like to meet at TechEd? Please add your list in the comments below. Or if you’re inspired, feel free to craft a blog to recognize those individuals.
Have save travels to Las Vegas and hope to see you there!