Efficient SAP Operations – How to turn IT Challenges into Opportunities.
Running the business of IT is becoming even more challenging. The focus has shifted from keeping the lights on to providing the business with tangible value at an incredible pace. Learn how SAP Services can help you assess, prioritize and manage the ever-changing technology landscape with a focus on achieving lower TCO for IT Operations and providing a platform for Innovation.
I’m going to be at the TechEd at Vegas and plan on attending sessions around helping my customers increase their IT operational efficiency. Here are some of the sessions I will attend:
- How IT can deliver 2 value releases a year.
- Build SAP like a factory – implement standard solutions and manage GAPs.
- Service Catalog Design with SAP solution manager 7.1.
- Creating efficienct code using renewed ABAP.
- Asset and configuration management using SAP IT infrastructure management.
- Enterprise Architecture Best Practices.
- SAP Solution Manager 7.1 2013 and Beyond – Road Map overview.
- Get Ready with Custom Code Management for SAP Business Suite Powered by SAP HANA
Solution Manager has evolved greatly to what it is now under version 7.1 SP08. With the potential to integrate into SAP’s powerful Business Suite to manage IT Strategy, IT Projects and Portfolios and other valuable scenarios, it has evolved from being an IT tool to helping IT run its business. Implementing a tool to support execution provides for automation and some resulting efficiency, but unless you have a roadmap to take advantage of the synergies and significantly reducing your TCO, a tool is just that – a tool.
An excerpt from a report authored by the ASUG and SAP Value Engineering Group illustrates the direct correlation between IT Operations maturity and TCO reduction.
Come Visit the Data and Technology Services Booth and explore improving your IT Operational efficiency with SAP Services!