As documented in the What’s New document and the updated Master Guide, with the release of SAP Cloud for Travel and Expense v1308, comes a new approach in landscape (tenant) management. All new customers will now be getting a Test Tenant directly, and we will now be able to request for a Productive Tenant directly from the Test Tenant. This takes away the manual reconciliation of fixes applied from testing against the initial/productive tenant prior to go live.
With this change in the landscape approach, the view for requesting a new system, whether it’s a test or a productive tenant, has changed. I would like to share with you the the steps I was able to get from our friends in SAP Support and the provisioning teams.
Requesting for a new tenant can be done from either the Service Control Center work center or the Business Configuration work center. The paths would be
- Service Control Center > Systems > Request Creation, or
- Business Configuration > Implementation Projects > Request System
A pop up will appear with the title Create New System and the following fields to be filled up:
- System Type – choose between a Test System or a Productive System
- Data Source – if you want to copy master/transactional data over, use Copy of Source System otherwise use Initial System; if you want to copy over the configuration from the solution profile, choose the option with (Copy Solution Profile).
- Data Source System ID – this is the system ID where you want to copy your data from
- Solution Profile Source System ID – this is the system ID where you want to copy your solution profile configuration from
- Source Solution Profile ID – corresponds to the solution profile that you want to copy, e.g. Initial Implementation/ Change Project 1, etc.
- Downtime Not Before – earliest downtime that you would like to schedule for the copy
Note that if accessed via Business Configuration, the first pop up that will appear will have some fields greyed out. Just close the window and click on Request Creation to get a fresh pop up with all editable fields.
When done, click Ok and wait for the new systems to be released.
I hope this information is helpful. If anything else changes, please feel free to add in your updates or enter in comments.