- Source data (from a table) is loaded into mbrEntity table,
- BPC’s build dimension task is used to process the dimension and
- Finally the dimension file (excel) is loaded so that the dimension members can be maintained from the BPC admin console
Copy the package (.dtsx) file to \\Webfolders\<Environment>\<Model>\DataManager\PackageFiles folder. Create the new data manager package using Data Manager >> Organize Package List >> Add Package.
Choose .dtsx package,name for the data manager package and save the packages.
The package is ready for execution. The package can be executed using the data manger >> run package option.
- Make sure you have Microsoft ACE 64 bit driver is installed on the server to avoid “The Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0 provider is not registered on the local machine” error
- The example doesn’t cover the following aspects, please pay special attention during implementation
- Include appropriate data manager prompts
- Include appropriate logging steps
- Include roll back steps
- Please refer to SAP guide for further help