Reset Release Strategy using BAPI_PO_RESET_RELEASE
Q : Reset the release strategy / indicator if any thing is changed in PO / Contract
Solution : Step 1 ) Create implementation of BADI ME_PURCHDOC_POSTED.
Step 2 ) In method posted, write the code to check if any modification is made in PO / Contract.
Step 3) If any modification is made, set the flag say, LV_FLAG = ‘X’.
Step 4) Pass this flag to implicit enhancement for PO/Contract using EXPORT TO MEMORY ID.
(Create implicit enhancement for PO / Contract as mentioned below )
PO -> Program- LMEGUICJI
Contract -> Class – CL_OS_CA_COMMON
Method – IF_OS_CA_SERVICE~PREPARE_FOR_TOP_TRANSACTION
Step 5) In the Implicit Enhancement, import the flag (Step 4) using IMPORT <x> FROM MEMORY ID.
Step 6) Check if LV_FLAG is set (=’X’).If yes, call the BAPI_PO_RESET_RELEASE to reset the release indicator.
Important Note 1 :
– After implementing this solution some times you may get the error message as ‘Use XXX is already processing Document YYY’.
– This error occurs, because the table EKKO is locked by the system for updating the PO / Contract changes in database.
– And, BAPI ‘BAPI_PO_RESET_RELEASE ‘ is getting called before checking whether the table is locked or released.
– The solution to this is, call the below code in Implicit Enhancement before calling BAPI_PO_RESET_RELEASE.
DO. “loop until the lock is released by system
CALL FUNCTION ‘ENQUEUE_EMEKKOE’
EBELN = PO Number
WAIT = ‘1’
FOREIGN_LOCK = 2
SYSTEM_FAILURE = 3
OTHERS = 3.
IF sy–subrc IS INITIAL.
CALL FUNCTION ‘DEQUEUE_EMEKKOE’
EBELN = PO Number
CALL FUNCTION ‘BAPI_PO_RESET_RELEASE‘.
This will ensure that the BAPI is always called when the table EKKO is in released state.
Important Note 2 :
– ‘BAPI_PO_RESET_RELEASE‘ will not work for the documents which has already been printed out.
– In this BAPI the records from NAST are fetched & variable printed is set to ‘X’.
– printed = ‘X’ does not allow the PO/ Contract release strategy to get reset for already printed documents.
– Solution to this is create a Z BAPI which will be a copy of standard BAPI ‘BAPI_PO_RESET_RELEASE‘.
– In this BAPI clear the variable printed before calling FM ”ME_REL_RESET”.
Note : Reason for creating Implicit Enhancement :
– If we directly call the BAPI_PO_RESET_RELEASE inside the BADI ME_PURCHDOC_POSTED implementation.
It will reset the release strategy but it will interrupt the normal SAVE process of PO / Contract
– Any other changes made in PO/Contract will not get saved.
– So, using Implicit Enhancement will ensure that the changes made in PO/ Contract are saved first & then the release strategy is reset.