Enhancing Material Master
This document explains about adding custom fields in Material Master under Basic Data1 tab.
1) Enhance MARA table with append structure, which has the custom fields.
2) Now select the relevant node in SPRO.
3) When clicking on execute button, we’ll get a selection screen through which we can copy the standard function group MGD1.
4) Click on the execute button. Provide the name of the function group that need to be created and the short text.
5) Click on SAVE button. This will create the custom function group.
6) Go to the function group in Repository Browser SE80 and do the customizations in screen number 0001.
Place the custom fields in screen 0001 layout.
Set the screen field attributes too, inorder to dynamically manage the field display.
Add the custom coding in events PBO and PAI of the flow logic.
7) Now we need to define the Data Screen.
Choose the screen sequence. And then select the Subscreen.
8) Now provide the name of the main program of custom Function Group MGD1 (SAPLZMGD1) instead of the standard where we need to assign the custom screen.
Save the changes in a customizing request.
9) Now we can get the custom field in Basic Data tab of Material Master. Execute MM01/ MM02/ MM03 and we can see the custom field under Basic Data1 tab.