Enhancing Material Master
This document explains about adding custom fields in Material Master under Basic Data1 tab.
1) Enhance MARA table with append structure, which has the custom fields.
2) Now select the relevant node in SPRO.
3) When clicking on execute button, we’ll get a selection screen through which we can copy the standard function group MGD1.
4) Click on the execute button. Provide the name of the function group that need to be created and the short text.
5) Click on SAVE button. This will create the custom function group.
6) Go to the function group in Repository Browser SE80 and do the customizations in screen number 0001.
Place the custom fields in screen 0001 layout.
Set the screen field attributes too, inorder to dynamically manage the field display.
Add the custom coding in events PBO and PAI of the flow logic.
7) Now we need to define the Data Screen.
Choose the screen sequence. And then select the Subscreen.
8) Now provide the name of the main program of custom Function Group MGD1 (SAPLZMGD1) instead of the standard where we need to assign the custom screen.
Save the changes in a customizing request.
9) Now we can get the custom field in Basic Data tab of Material Master. Execute MM01/ MM02/ MM03 and we can see the custom field under Basic Data1 tab.
Useful document. Thanks for sharing the information.
Thanks for sharing.
helpful document ,thanks for sharing
Nice doc. 🙂 🙂
Hi Shahanaz Hussain,
Thanks for sharing . Usefull Document 🙂 Keep on sharing like this .
A nice one. 🙂
Nice documents .
thanks for sharing.
Nnice document. Thanks for sharing.
Useful documents, surely the screenshots will help other people. Maybe a mention to some notes will reinforce it, because some clients are reluctants to these enhancements. For instance, SAP Note 44410 - Integrating cust.-specific fields in matl master. Other question is warning that these fields are not mass-maintenable (see SAP Note 414020 - MASS: Customer fields are not mass-maintainable)
Thank you for sharing.
Thanks for Sharing
If I syntax check the code, I am told that *MARA and LMARA is unknown.
Where have they been declared / defined ?
Well written, thank you.
Awesome document. I was able to implement this code without even having to think because I followed your document. Thanks!
Awesome blog Former Member. Thanks a ton!
Thanks for Sharing document.
i performed step by step from your guideline. but my new field don’t show in mm01 or mm02 or mm03 transaction at all !
the PROCESS BEFORE OUTPUT and PROCESS AFTER INPUT is not fire .
Please attach the screen flow logic and code page
Great description - it also worked for a non developer - Thanks for this - hope you did the same for customer and supplier master............... 😀
I am doing similar screen enhancement but at a different tab. Once you go into article master, on the application toolbar, you have the button "Goto additional tab", click and navigate to the "short text"tab. When I go to add the subscreen there, the standard SAP does not allow me to do so and gives me popup with message "Insertion not possible since maximum number of subscreens reached" ( message class MI, number 560 ). On debugging, I found that the standard excepts atleast 1 subscreen with number 0001. If that is not there, then it does not allow to add any further subscreens. Is there a workaround to avoid this issue and still add a subscreen wherever required?
if not, then why has SAP given the dummy subscreen at some places and not at other places?
Thanks & Regards
Great document! Thanks!
One follow-up question I had… I have added my field to the material master and everything is saving properly. However, I noticed that none of the changes are being tracked in the change history. Is there something special that needs to be enabled to turn this on for the new field?
Ah - nevermind… I quickly discovered that I did not check the "Change Document" box in the data element of my new field. Once I did this, and activated the data element, the change history was populated.
Helpful Document, Thank you ! 🙂