Data Geek Challenge: SAP Modules : What’s Hot and What’s Not !
This document shows about SAP what’s hot and what’s not .
Please ask yourself, whether you are looking for a “career” in SAP or just looking for a job?
There are three major roles play a vital part in choosing SAP Module:
- Opportunity in current SAP Module
- Your schooling background and work experience
- Set your Career / Life Goals / Mission
Best Slogan Forever :
“I am not looking for the Job I am looking for my career”
There are three types of SAP Modules including list of SAP Industries specific module
- SAP Functional Modules
- SAP Technical Modules
- SAP New Dimensional Modules also known as SAP New Modules
I have mentioned below are the list of SAP modules. SAP think and work differently in old, current and new environments. If you think any SAP Module is missing , it will be updated soon!
Following is the list of some important module available in SAP system:
Below mentioned is SAP Functional Modules list which is part of SAP modules list:
- SAP FI module: FI stands for Financial Accounting
- SAP CO module: CO stands for Controlling
- SAP CRM module: CRM stands for Customer Relationship Management
- SAP CS module: CS stands for Customer Service
- SAP EC module: EC stands for Enterprise Controlling
- SAP EHS module: EHS stands for Environment, Health & Safety
- SAP FM module: FM stands for Fleet Management
- SAP FSCM module: FSCM stands for Financial Supply Chain Management
- SAP HR module: HR stands for Human Resources
- SAP IM module: IM stands for Investment Management
- SAP IS Module: where IS stands for Industries specific solution
- SAP MM module: MM stands for Materials Management
- SAP PLM module: PLM stands for Product Life Cycle Management
- SAP SCM module: where SCM stands for Supply Chain Management
- SAP SRM module : where SRM stands for Supplier Relationship Management
- SAP SEM module: where SEM stands for Strategic Enterprise Management
- SAP PM module: PM stands for Plant Maintenance
- SAP PP module: PP stands for Production Planning
- SAP Product Costing: Product Costing deals with Plan Costing + Actual Costing of Finish products
- SAP PS module: PS stands for Project Systems
- SAP QM module: QM stands for Quality Management
- SAP RE module: RE stands for Real Estate
- SAP SD module: SD stands for Sales and Distribution
- SAP SM module: SM stands for Service Management
- SAP TR module: TR stands for Treasury
- SAP WM module: WM stands for Warehouse Management
- SAP LO module: LO stands for Logistics General
- SAP BW Module: where BW stands for Business (Data) Warehouse
- SAP : Cross Application Components
Using SAP Lumira and Excel Data sources, here are some of the Graphically represented figures below.
I choose various websites and analyzed about different types of SAP Modules
Below mentioned is SAP Technical Modules list which is part of SAP modules list:
- SAP ABAP module: ABAP stands for Advanced Business Application Programming
- SAP Basis module: Basis also known as Basis Admin is typically the administration of SAP
- SAP BI module: BI stands for Business Intelligence
- SAP BPC module: BPC stands for Business Planning and Consolidation
- SAP BODI module: BODI stands for Business Objects Data Integrator
- SAP EP module: EP stands for Enterprise Portal
- SAP GRC module: GRC stands for Group Risk Compliance
- SAP MDM module: MDM stands for Master Data Management
- SAP Net-weaver module: Net-weaver provides technical foundation for SAP applications
- SAP Security module: Security ensures security of enterprise operations
- SAP Solution Manager module: Solution Manager facilitates technical support for distributed systems.
- SAP XI module: SAP Exchange Infrastructure (SAP XI) enables you to implement cross-system processes on services
- SAP PI module: SAP Process Integration (SAP PI) is enterprise application integration (EAI)software.
Below mentioned is SAP New Dimensional list list which is part of SAP modules list:
- SAP APO module: APO stands for Advanced Planner Optimizer.
- SAP EWM module: EWM stands for Extended Warehouse Management.
- SAP SCM module: SCM stands for Supply Chain Management.
- SAP SEM module: SEM stands for Strategic Enterprise Management.
Are you searching? Are you look for swapping ? You don’t have time to search which language ?
I have searched in website and found some polling results. Following skills that are likely to be on the up over the next few years.
- Project Management
- Oracle 8 and 9I
- Business Analysis
- NT Novell
Top three are definitely becoming very hot skills in IT industry.
SAP Functional module, Technical module and New dimensional Module mentioned above are all part of SAP, this list is constantly building. SAP is always working in new environments, industry solutions and more. If there is any modules or functionality is missing it will be added soon!
Try Try Try ! Till You Succeed! All The Best for all my SCNians!