The deadline of January 1, 2014 is less than 3 months away, yet many multinationals have not yet finalized their upgrade to CFDI v3.2. Below are the top 5 questions you need to ask your providers and local teams if you want to meet the deadlines. Many providers will not be able to help companies that have not started a project by November 1st, 2013.
Ask your provider these five questions to ensure you are purchasing an end to end solution – otherwise you will be left with 90% of the implementation, monitoring and maintenance going forward.
- My ability to ship is directly connected to you getting me the Timbre Fiscal on time. If you are not working, what is your back up plan for contingency? How do you ensure that a bottleneck or service interruption doesn’t affect my ability to ship?
- Who is responsible for extracting the data out of the ERP system? Do you write the extraction code and maintain it through government changes or customer addenda requests?
- Who is managing the printers? Do you automatically send to the printers based on distribution rules or do I have to go to your portal and physically print an invoice?
- Who manages the distribution of the invoice to my end customers?
- If the government or a customer has a change, is this covered under your support contract or do I have to contract with you each time there is an update? What is covered by your support contract – does this include all of the ERP extraction, printing rules, distribution rules, addenda, or does this just cover the Timbre?