Calling all Developers!
As I said in a previous blog post, for TechEd 2013 in Las Vegas & in Amsterdam, I will be the Social Ambassador for ‘Developers’. If you know me or have checked out my LinkedIn profile here, you would have seen that I have been a developer for 23 years now! Starting in Cobol, PowerBuilder, then touching a little bit on Java, before moving on to PocketBuilder… and finally to Mobile Technologies for the last 9 years. Now I am in SAP Developer Relations
That is a lot of change for me over 23 years, but I know that there are a number of things that stay the same for each and every developer. The need to…
- Stay current and informed – watch industry trends & keep familiar with the movers and shakers
- Stay educated – within your skills area and maybe to broaden your experience
- Stay innovative – think of yourself as a builder of solutions that make a difference. Solve problems
- Stay social – make time to meetup and network with other developers inside & outside of your company
- Stay fun – enjoy your projects! Do things a little different… maybe Design Thinking?
Even in the harder economic times that we are coming through, the above 5 points stay important and will benefit your companies also. So during each TechEd, there is a wealth of WorkShops, Mini-CodeJams, InnoJams, Demo rich lectures and Product Roadmap Q&A sessions to help you the developer tick each of those 5 points and stay in sync!
Whether your development skills lie in… Mobile, Cloud, Database & Technology, Analytics, Services, Partners, or you want to learn more about SAP technology to take back to the office… the best place to read all blogs & tweets, will be via the SAP TechEd page in SCN Eventshttp://scn.sap.com/community/events/teched
You may also want to check out the Developer Survival Guide for TechEd Vegas, which has been blogged about by my colleague Helena Losada at http://scn.sap.com/people/helena.losada/blog/2013/09/17/developer-survival-guide-for-sap-teched-las-vegas-2013
Also follow me on twitter @ithain