Reporting 2013 – Featuring the Analysis Suite
Are you currently a customer using SAP NetWeaver BW and BEx Analyzer ?
Are you interested to learn more about what SAP BusinessObjects Analysis, edition for Microsoft Office is offering for you ?
Are you considering to migrate your old BEx workbooks to SAP BusinessObjects Analysis, edition for Microsoft Office and you are interested to learn more about the latest features ?
Please visit the event website at www.reporting2013.com!
In case you are still asking yourself why SAP BusinessObjects Analysis, edition for Microsoft Office is important for you, here some points to consider:
SAP BusinessObjects Analysis, edition for Microsoft Office allows you to empower your business users – like your accountants – to create and refresh their own reports, reducing their dependence on the IT department. Second, end users can create reports in Microsoft Excel, something they are already familiar with, which can reduce your training time.
There are several advantages to the Microsoft Office edition, which can be listed as follows:
- Familiar Microsoft Office functionality
- The ability to use existing BEx Queries
- Easy filter and sort functions
- The ability to apply conditional formatting
Are there any key features being the latest release that you should be excited about? Yes, absolutely!
- The Analysis Suite interoperates with Design Studio and automatically transform Analysis Office apps to iPad apps (see Figures 1 and 2)
- Single sign-on and LCM are available (though it requires BI 4.1)
- The ability to create waterfall charts
- Improvements are continuously being made – look out for a Feature Pack planned for Q3 2013!
Figure 1: Source: SAP – Interoperability between Analysis components
Figure 2: Source: SAP – the conversion from Analysis to iPad apps