SAP Cloud Applications Studio – A powerful business tool for freedom, flexibility, and speed in the Cloud
Very often cloud solutions are understood as solutions that go live fast, are easy to use and are always up to date. But the question remains whether cloud apps can be easily adapted while keeping the other cloud benefits. For modern apps natively built for the cloud from the ground up the answer is yes, and there are many different facets of flexibility and adaptability offered by modern cloud solutions.
- Configuration: The SAP Cloud Applications are highly configurable. That does not only mean that you can adapt some parameters according to you needs. Instead, the implementation methodology goes hand in hand with the configuration. As part of the very first implementation phase (or already in the sales phase), a scoping wizard asks several questions and automatically adjusts the customer system in the background to the customer’s needs.
- Adaptation: While users can personalize the solutions to their personal needs, key users can make UI-Adaptations such as simplified or changed screen and print layouts or changes in terminology for company-specific needs. Additionally, the key users can add or extend documentations or FAQ’s, add new forms, create new reports or adapt existing ones or add new fields for additional information.
- Extension: With the SAP Cloud ApplicationsStudio the existing business functionality can be extended according to the customers’ needs or new functionality can be added.
This makes it not only interesting for customers to extend their cloud solution. Moreover, it is interesting as well for experts in a specific industry who want to roll out their knowledge to their customers without reinventing the wheel and focus on their specific knowledge and value-prop.
The charm of the SAP Cloud Applications Studio is that you do not have to start from scratch from the business functionality perspective. Instead, the experts start on a broad repository of exiting business objects and reuse them and focus on adding their own specific expert’s functionality.
They can start on top of one of these SAP Cloud solutions:
- SAP Business ByDesign – Full ERP-Suite in the cloud
- SAP Cloud for Financials – Modern Financials in the cloud
- SAP Cloud for Travel and Expense – End to End Travel and Expense Management solution
- SAP Cloud for Customer – Leading CRM, Sales and Service solution in the cloud
Experts who created additional apps can deliver and sell these using the SAP Store.